Where did you buy your Copen?

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by copenworld, Sep 29, 2009.

Where did you buy your Copen?

1. From a Daihatsu dealer (local)

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. From a Daihatsu dealer (further afield)

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. From a non-Daihatsu dealer

31 vote(s)
    39.2%
  4. From a private seller

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  5. From a car supermarket

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. I don't own a Copen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (please post details)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Did you buy from a Daihatsu dealer or from elsewhere?

If you've found a dealer that you would recommend to others, why not start a new thread with your review?

2. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

I live in N. Ireland and you don't see that many Copens here.

A few months ago I was out in my daughters boyfriends Beetle (a real one, 1970) a saw a Copen, driving away from us with the roof down. I said that I would love to buy one there and then. Three weeks later a dealer about a mile away had one for sale.

I waited until Saturday, had a look and drive and bought it after negotiating a bit off the asking price.

Not only are they hard to find but the one I bought has lots of extras like a Daihatsu front side and rear body kit which is a nice subtle one - not boy-recer style, heat guard exhaust cover, Copen badged door sill trims, chrome surrounds for the 4 dash air vents, fancy petrol filler cover, rear spoiler (which I think was an extra on the 660cc version.) and nice mats with a Copen badge.

I didn't even realise the car had all the extras when I bought it but it's a nice bonus because I paid less than the book price.

I also like the metal pedals and footrest and the heated red leather seats.

3. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    My local dealer in Cardiff had one on the forecourt, but I was sold. He did let me sit in it, but that was about it. Asking about new, he said “no chance until next year” and this was at the start of October. He took my name and number regarding second hand cars, but I haven’t heard from him yet!

Anyway we found ‘Rex’ at the Newport Dealer (actually it’s located in Caerleon). They are a small dealer, but I have been impressed with the service and knowledge of the owner.

4. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

Bought mine from HMC in Hendon. Daihatsu HQ called around for us and they were the only dealer within 75 miles to have a test drive. Drove it, loved it, bought a blue/grey model from them a week later.

5. jose_cp

jose_cp Copenworld Newbie

I bought mine from a dealer who imported it from Germany.

Also, the dealer was 1.200 km away from my home (in the other side of Spain actually), so when I he delivered the the car to me I had to drive those km back to my home (almost 11 hours of non-stop driving... only for refuel... :D :D :D )

The only bad thing is that my user manual is in German (!)

6. scooty

scooty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2 x Daihatsu Copen, RHD
    1 x Daihatsu Trevis
    Hi Jose,

welcome and enjoy your ride! :)

An english version of the owner's manual can be found on this site on the Directory page. You have to be logged in to be able to download.

Andreas

7. jose_cp

jose_cp Copenworld Newbie

Thanks very much! I'll check it!

8. Docinho

Docinho Copenworld Newbie

Rex, you mention getting your copen from Caerleon. Was it Ponthir Road? I'm going to see one there tomorrow. How was your experience with them and your car?

9. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yes Docinho.
    Had no problems with them and the servicing was cheaper than the Cardiff dealer.
    The owner is a Copen fan.
    Rex.

10. neill70

neill70 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    impreza wrx
    arosa sport
    yamaha ybr 125 custom
    got mine from a co-op dealer in ilkeston, had looked at it but thought it was a little overpriced and went to test an mx5 but the finance was a rip off, looked again and the copen had dropped £500 so went and got it, it was the cheapest i could find on the internet, and probably the highest mileage but i am not really bothered about that as i know they are pretty reliable if looked after.

11. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    I used Palmdale Car Finding Services, who found me one (with help from Adam) in Worcester. They cost about £500-£900 on top of the price of the car, but they do all the hard work of searching for you, which is priceless when you work full time. They'll hunt for one, negotiate a deal, fetch it and deliver it to you. Great if the car of your dreams is in Inverness or something.
    http://www.palmdale.co.uk/

12. Quartz

Quartz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Grey Copen 2007
    Got mine from a non-Daihatsu dealer. It was a bit overpriced, but I got £200 off with oil/filter change, white air filter and new pads and discs front (6 month tax and 12 month MOT). I must admit I was trading in a Renault Twingo GT (modified to 130 Bhp) but the Daihatsu puts a smile on my face every time I get in it... which no other car has managed to do.

13. dsdwf

dsdwf Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen LH
    Duster dci
    Hyundai i30
    i baught it used from a private seller last year.

14. laura_lizard

laura_lizard Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc
    I bought mine from a Fiat dealership in Aldershot. I knew I wanted it to be from a dealer rather than private, purely from a finance point of view. There didn't seem to be many down this end of the country, so I was pretty pleased when I found this one! The dealership were pretty good, threw in a year's road tax when I told them I wanted a bit more for my part ex, and to be honest, they seemed quietly surprised with how nicely the Copen drives :)