1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear drivers panels

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by Tryingtocopen, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Tryingtocopen

Tryingtocopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 copen
    Hi guys looking for a bit of help just purchased my little copen 2005 year
    Looking for body panels a rear quarter panel drivers side and a pair of sills
    And a pair of wiper arms
    I’ve tried everywhere to get hold of parts and it’s just no all the time
    Any ideas where I can get hold of these breakers or new

Attached Files:

2. sunlover

sunlover Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    There's a fair bit on ebay, you might have to buy the sills individually, is this what you are looking for NEW Genuine Daihatsu Copen Kei car RH Outer Sill Rocker Panel 61401-97203 | eBay

3. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Theres a fair bit in ebay various searches dosent bring all the items up, I popped in diahatsu car parts for diahatsu copen brings up loads, maybe even keep a eye on the for sale on ebay sometimes they advertise breaking of a copen, ive seen a few out there just Google breaking copen, sorry if you have tried and they have gone.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  4. Tryingtocopen

Tryingtocopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 copen
  5. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yes not cheap, I seen a thread earlier about this when I was looking to get mine replaced, was over 400 quid for 2 its scandalous. Seems about the going price tho

6. APPLEDjerry

APPLEDjerry Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    'Lola': 2009 Copen 1.3 Silver
    'Griffin the Mule': Vauxhall Vectra Estate, 2008, 1.8, black.
    Your most realistic bet is to find a good body workshop and have them cut out the rotten metal and weld in new plate. That's what most Copen owners do, due to the absence of these parts in Europe. Even second hand it's almost certain that a scrapped donor Copen will have significant rot around the panels you require, because they all rot the way yours has.

Wiper arms are more straight forward as they will come up on Ebay.

7. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    You need to buy Micra sills and cut the bit you need from it - usually, the Copen sills go all along the lower part, so really you need to cut along there, cut a bit of Micra sill to fit and weld it in. Then you'll need to create a new end cap for the front of the sill. Or have someone make you a piece to fit. Then make sure to get a good coating of cavity wax in there to prevent it happening again.

Metal panel full sill (RHS) for 4 door Nissan Micra K11 1992 - 2002 | eBay

Quarter panels will cost more than the car is worth - you'd be lucky to find any.

8. GuzziMan

GuzziMan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Mitsubishi Shogun, 659cc Copen, 350 Z
    Hi
    Being a retired sheet metal worker the answer to the manufacture of panels that do not exist anymore can be done by a petrol tank manufacture for classic motorcycles. They are experts on what is called the English wheel which forms panels in a curve in both directions. This is done by hand and eye and does not take long. You can make a pro-former by forming two pieces of wire to replicate the shape you require or get it seen in person. some body shops who do classic cars would also do it, just negotiate the price.

APPLEDjerry and sunlover like this.
  9. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    If you want new copen parts you can try an ex daihatsu dealer (theres a list on Daihatsu.co.uk) I got my rear quarters from one. The only problem is it is extremely expensive and takes over a month to get here since they are made to order in Japan. they were about 400 each.
    60161-97201-000 is the part number for the right side.
    There's also this pdf which I've linked with more part numbers (It's in Japanese but the pictures + a translation app makes it easy to understand)

Attached Files:

10. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Sg petch have the wiper arms just seen, they have various other parts too, prices not that bad.