1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by copenpants, Apr 14, 2015.

1. copenpants

copenpants Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    As a newcomer to Copenworld please forgive me if all of this has been shown before, but it maybe of interest to newbies such as me...?
    Pictures of right and wrong filter to compare..??
    There seems to be lots of questions about the oil filter for the 700cc car.
    So after receiving what I suspected to be the wrong filter in a job lot of copen parts that I purchased, I searched for the correct filter on the tinternet.
    Finally I purchased through Amazon what I hope is the correct filter for £10.56 delivered... AMC Filter DO-724 Oil Filter (£6.86 free delivery if you spend £10..2xfilter)
    I found this link usefull... http://myautoparts.info/index.php?m...l_id2=2579&modification=17468&d=17468&e=10345

So pictures show the difference in the 2 filters I now have, I have yet to try to fit either to the car, but I hope that at least the smaller one is correct

Attached Files:

2. Gwyn

Gwyn Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    i10
    Correct me if I am wrong, and I am sure someone will, but both will probably fit. The larger one you will probably need to remove the front bumper whereas the smaller one you will be able to change with the car jacked up. You will need the special tool 14 flats filter wrench to do this. Would be helpful if you shared the amazon link to the smaller one. Wishing you every success in sorting this out.

3. copenpants

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Yes Gwyn, you are probably right the bigger one may fit, if you remove enough parts to gain access, but having had a quick look, I think it would need more than just the bumper removed..??..airbox..??..inercooler..??? wiser soles on here will no doubt shout if I am wrong
    The amazon link is here, and I hope it easily fits through the mount.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMC-Filter-DO-724-Oil/dp/B00DQI24IE

The link in my original post shows a possible 6 different brands/manufactures of a suitable filter, perhaps a search for these may result in a slightly better price.

some brave sole could bulk purchase at £6.86 and ship them to copenworld members plus £2.80 postage ????

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  4. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    When it comes to changing oil filters the 1.3 is the easiest car I've changed a filter on.
    The filter just hangs off the bottom of the sump where it is very easy to reach after jacking the car up a few inches.
    From what I've read on here the .7 filter change is a bit of a pain requiring special tools. In the past when I haven't been able to unscrew a filter I've hammered a screwdriver through the canister to give the leverage for the initial release. After that a rubber gloved hand to completely remove it. Not sure if that would work with the Copen because I've never seen where the filter is positioned.
    If anybody has a picture of the filters position I'd be interested to see it.

5. copenpants

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Look you can just see it through this hole !!!!!

(photos to show filter location)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  6. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    That's in a bugger of a place., I see why the filters are so much aggro.
    The second and third pictures, what car is that?