Fuel Pump (Greece?)

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by mormol, Dec 13, 2016.

1. mormol

mormol Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    VW karmann ghia
    Daihatsu copen
    Hi, I am looking for a Copen 1.3 fuel pump (2008 model), what is the original manufacturer and what should I look for if buying a used one? I am located in Athens, so any local market info by fellow Greek members would be also much appreciated!

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    Hello,
    the fuel pump is made by Denso, but I think you cannot buy it on the open market, as there is no other manufacturer.
    Maybe try Daihatsu.gr and find the closest daihatsu dealer, maybe they can order it for you or give you the parts number

3. gotboost?

gotboost? Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Έλα βρε! Σε καλά? :)

You can use most standard Bosch fuel pumps from eBay, provided they're the right size etc.
    I'd recommend just doing a search on eBay for Copen Fuel Pump. I found a few the other day.

4. Salieri

Car(s):
    The parts number for the 1.3L fuel pump assembly is 23210-97401 and it seems to be different to the 0.7L version.
    Hold on tight, here comes the price: 420 Euro :D

5. gotboost?

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Yes, but you can easily swap it out with a generic Bosch unit and not have to pay 420 euros. lol

The part number difference between the two models will likely just be a case of something like the fuel pump being rated for more Litres Per Hour (LPH) or being a different physical size.

6. Salieri

Car(s):
    Are you sure you can remove the pump from the shroud without damaging the plastic? It could be a proprietary design, although I would not expect it. Lets put it this way: What would you rather do: Replace the whole assembly and be done with it or take it apart first, take measurements, order a pump which could or could not fit, wait for days for it to arrive and put it together after that? :D

7. gotboost?

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    Like I said, there's Bosch ones listed on ebay that are the correct size.
    Have you swapped the fuel pump in one before? It's actually quite simple.

8. Salieri

Car(s):
    Might be true for the 0.7 version, but the 1.3 version (which mormol and I own) has a different fuel pump assembly. There are no single pumps available for the 1.3 as far as my search went.

How do you go about changing the pump? Drop the tank?

I have made a picture of both versions, as you can see the pump on the 0.7 is easily accessible and the whole shroud looks different

1.JPG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017