1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cattermoles of Ipswich

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by copenworld, Sep 30, 2009.

1. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    This is my nearest Daihatsu dealer, and the one that I *almost* bought my Copen from.

They had a new one in stock and I booked a test drive, but it sold before I could get there!

However, I went back and ordered a tonneau cover from them after I had bought my Copen from another dealer, and I found them very helpful. They got the cover shipped over from Japan in less than a week.

It's an interesting garage, with some unusual cars, plus a lovely little Austin J40 pedal car.

I suspect I'll be heading back here for my first service in a year's time.

2. Tiddly Car

Tiddly Car Copenworld Newbie

Hi Rushmere
    Did you have the fittings for your tonneau cover already in place on your car? I am interested in having one but my garage doesn't seem to know what one is and someone else said that the new cars are not supplied with them or the fittings.

3. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    The fittings aren't on a new Copen as standard, but they are supplied with the tonneau kit. In the kit, you get:

1) The tonneau cover. It's a hard cover which folds into 3 pieces.
    2) A bag that goes in the boot to store the cover.
    3) A hook that bolts into the boot to hold the storage bag and cover in place when stored away.
    4) An entire replacement for the material-covered piece of metal that sits between the rollbar hoops and the boot (the part which stretches the full width of the car). This replacement part is the same as the one originally on the car, but it has twist fasteners built into it to hold the cover in place.

I think the last item is the main reason why the kit is so expensive!

The Daihatsu part number for the entire kit is DACC3672. I went to collect the kit from the dealer in the Copen, and was rather amused to find that it wouldn't fit in the boot. I had to unpack it all and leave the oversized Daihatsu boxes behind to get it home!

I must say it was a bit tricky to fit, because it involved removing several parts including some of the plastic trim behind the seats, and there were no instructions.

I'm planning on creating a photo feature to show how to fit it, but it may take me a while to get around to it as I'll need to take it all apart and fit it all over again!

4. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

I am amused that the boxes would not fit! That's some packaging for a tonneau kit :)

I'd have one of these but I think the price is exorbitant so will live with getting dust and rain in the boot when the roof is down........which is whenever there is not more than drizzle falling!