1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automotive Bra

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by Lotuseater, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Never thought I would have to buy a bra!

The Copen has just come back from the Dealer - complete with a new bonnet, with a total repaint of the front end - Bonnet, Front Wings and Bumper. I have to say that the colour match is perfect! (affected areas have also been baked - looks to be a quality job!)

For info the Paint was flaking off in 2 small patches - Daihatsu made the decision to replace the whole panel and paint the front to blend in the colour. Good Old Daihatsu!

As the Copen now has a near perfect coat of paint I would like to protect it? Stone Chips etc etc! Hence the search is now on for an 'Automotive Bra' (Vinyl Cover that covers the bottom edge of the bonnet and also covers the front bumper - holes cut out for the lights, number plate and grill etc)

Question - Does anyone have one of these? If so, where did you have it from? What was the cost? What colour is it please?

Have looked at a number of websites - to date no-one has one! In fact one chap I spoke with hadn't come across a Copen before!?

Any help or guidance would be most welcome.

With thanks.....

2. Scareysue

Scareysue Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Vivid
    What the ...??? I'll be watching for replies on this one 8-0

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    This place has a special plastic protective cover for the bonnet. Cut to fit the Copen with a cutout for the Daihatsu badge.

https://www.ssl-id.de/kiessetz-und-schmidt.de/onlineshop/english/

Go to the Copen section, then to outside equipment, then look at the third item on page 2.

It's only for the bonnet though.

Other suggestion would be to try your nearest vinyl wrapper. They should be able to do the front end in some sort of 3M transparent wrap.

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  5. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Adam, thanks for that will consider and continue the search - it maybe that the sewing machine has to come out? With that said there might be a market of this!?

On another note, will try and get to Kingsbury on Sunday, however, with Vanfest just gone and Goodwood on Friday and Saturday it might be a bit of a big ask!

Catch you soon - enjoy, take care.

6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Have fun at Goodwood.:D