Any recommended workshop for copen in Singapore

Discussion in 'Dealers and Suppliers' started by supernova11, Mar 20, 2014.

1. supernova11

supernova11 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi! I've been driving a second hand copen for close to a year and after my recent servicing, I've been told by the mechanic that my turbo is "leaking" so I'm wondering if anyone has a good workshop in Singapore to recommend for me to check it out and see what can be done?

During a previous visit to another workshop (due to a minor accident), I was told that my turbo has been mod before and I think it was done badly and the accident caused some damage which may be related to this current problem.

Also, I'm thinking of changing the seat belt guide. I'm not too sure if it's because the previous one fixed by the previous owner is not suitable or what, the seat belt on the passenger side does not retract smoothly. Anyone knows what might be causing this? Should I change the guide? Where can I purchase suitable ones?

Hope you kind souls can help me out! Thanks!!! ;)

2. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    I was introduced to this shop by fellow Copen owners. You might want to try them out.

http://www.dkc.com.sg/

Come for the meet up this Saturday, I am sure the others can advise you.

3. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    i think we all have this problem - ours just hang about like a long noose - making rattling noises etc.

some have tried spraying it with lotion with success

welcome anyway and hope you get to go to the meet up - it looks fabulous

4. supernova11

supernova11 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi guys! Thanks for the help! Sorry I'm unable to meet up due to work but I did managed to make a trip down to DKC (thanks joeleow for the recommendation!) and they managed to solve the turbo problem temporary but I'm told that the turbo has been changed by the previous owner and will not pass inspection! Also, the work done is quite messy so I might have to change the turbo :-(:)-(:)-(( but I'll have to find the down pipe for it first. Sigh...

5. gotham

gotham Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    BMW 328i, Mini Cooper S, Copen
    Hi! Is the Copen group still active in Singapore? Just got a copen here! Can't seem to find any owner's group!

Cheers!

6. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit

There is a really good tutorial on here somewhere on an easy fix to it.

I did it and it makes a fantastic difference ,involves removing the seat belt guides behind the seat and sanding them ,it really does work and took me about 30 mins to do both sides.

7. CopenNewbie

CopenNewbie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi! Is there a Copen Singapore group that is still active? :).

New owner of an 07/08 copen thou :D, and I am facing the issue of passenger seat belt not retracting + while driving top down (intermittently on straight road or slight bump road) there is a clacking/clicking sound on the passenger side. It feels like it is the catch or something that has the sound.

Anyone facing this issue? Wanna bring it to the mechanics to check but wonder which workshop in singapore is familiar with doing copen repair.

Anyone can help / advise. :)

8. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    There's a few fixes for the seat belt, it's a common issue. Seat Belts

Three fixes for the roof rattle - 2 adjustments ROOF Rattle FIX! or a rubber cover for the male part of the mechanism.

Or if it's just the actual handle, stick the sunvisor under it.