1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double core/dual core radiator

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by iamkkool, Apr 24, 2017.

1. freddyzdead

freddyzdead Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Copen
    Looking at the radiator in the Sirion, it is entirely possible it would fit in the Copen, although it doesn't have the connection for the turbo, which hardly any radiator has, of course.

Buyee has shipped the radiator; should be here in a few days. I won't be able to do anything about it until I get rid of this Sirion nightmare. I'm having trouble getting it through its registration inspection.

The seller of the Nissens radiator has offered me a partial refund, in lieu of returning it. He hasn't specified the amount of the offer, but I will accept it if it's reasonable. If I knew what sort of car fits the radiator they sent me, I would have some hope of reselling it.

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    What product number is on the cooler you received? If its a 61284 (as stated in the ebay auction) then it will fit Citroen C2, C3 and Peugeot 1007, 207 according to a document i dug out of the depths of the internet.

If its a different number you can post it and I will try to get you a list of compatible vehicles

3. freddyzdead

Car(s):
    2003 Copen
    @ Salieri Yes, it is a 61284, at least it says so on the box. I don't see any numbers on the radiator itself, but it's still strapped to its cardboard packing. That is very encouraging; at least I might have some chance of finding a new owner for it. This is what the seller said when I asked what car this radiator was actually for: "By the information i catalogues it fits many cars, citroen, peugeot, fiat, hyundai, kia." The good news is the seller has refunded me 60GBP which is more than half what I paid. Thank you for digging that up; I still don't know why all this happened.

4. Narisha

Narisha Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Diahatsu Copen
    Hello,
    I'm not certain which link to follow. I need to replace my 2004 Copen radiator. I am located in Western Australia but am happy to purchase from overseas if necessary. I recently bought a clutch cable online and it arrived within about 6 days.
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Narisha

5. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    Well the first radiator Freddyzdead ordered was the wrong one so don't use that. :p

The normal radiator works fine by all accounts (I'm in england so overheating is not a problem I encounter) so unless you're planning more mods, you don't really need the alloy version. That said, it might be cheaper than getting a standard one from Daihatsu and if the prices are close, it's up to you how much you want to spend on shininess and possibly a bit better cooling.

The aftermarket alloy one I linked off Buyee I'm fairly sure is right, he's not confirmed that here but he said on another thread about Buyee "I got my new all-aluminium radiator through them, very nice, it will outlast the rest of the car for sure, and it was still cheaper than sourcing a stock one locally, that is if I could have found one." so I presume it fitted and worked. :D

Those are currently around 18,000 Yen コペン L880K MT用 オールアルミラジエーター 2層 w5 /【Buyee】 "Buyee" Japan Shopping Service | Buy from Yahoo! Buy from Japan! or you can look on buyee or yahoo by pasting in コペン ラジエーター
    That's the japanese for 'copen radiator', google translate works for reading the auctions but you need to enter the search terms in japanese kanji to find stuff. If you don't use Chrome, you can add the translate (free) to other browsers.

If you want an original radiator, speak to these guys and they can probably order you one, it may need to be shipped and cost a lot, but worth asking to compare.

[​IMG] AUSTRALIA

・TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION AUSTRALIA
    Daihatsu, PO Box 187, Caringbah, NSW, 2229
    TEL:1800 252 097

6. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    Most radiators can be repaired or recored, I'd suggest going to a good radiator shop and having a chat with them first.

Vin Petrol likes this.
  7. freddyzdead

Car(s):
    2003 Copen
    I should have updated; The all-aluminium radiator I got from Japan via Buyee was magnificent. The only trouble was that it is nearly twice as thick as the original. This required some imagination when it came to fitting it to the car. I cut some of the mounting bits and ended up fastening the radiator with 4 big black nylon cable ties. This worked just fine; it's not going anywhere. The consequence of the radiator being thicker was a bit more serious. When I came to reassembling the front of the car, it wouldn't fit together properly. The bumper and the left guard wouldn't line up and there was a very noticeable gap. And the bonnet was hitting the air conditioner condenser, which meant you had to force it to close and there was an unsightly gap on the left.

I ended up bashing the end of the front crossmember with a big hammer, flattening it somewhat, so it improved the fit of the body panels. To make the bonnet close properly, I removed the top bracket for the condenser where it attaches to the radiator, and made a new, smaller set of brackets from some scraps of aluminnium. It now closes properly, more or less. I am still looking for more permanent solutions to these problems, but the cooling works just fine.

Vin Petrol likes this.
  8. Narisha

Narisha Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Diahatsu Copen
    Thanks for your responses. I've now had the clutch cable replaced and my mechanic sorted the radiator. Still trying to work on the trunk closure (a malfunction with the ecu we think) which is a huge pain in the a... They are determined to fix it for me though. Then thinking it might be time to move on from the Copen. It's doing my head in!

Vin Petrol likes this.
  9. iamkkool

iamkkool Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen l880k
    hey everyone, i started this post along time ago and forgot i did lol sry about that.... So I did do the conversion and got the ebay honda double core radiator to sit in the space for the radiator, i had to remove the ac condenser (plan on putting it back in) and shaved the sides of the plastic support and cut out a few sections of the support (not too much) so it sits in the radiator area, didnt trouble the fan in anyway (pics to come soon)

Salieri likes this.