1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your highway RPM's

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Samuel mills, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Samuel mills

Samuel mills Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I have owned a Daihatsu Copen and still own one
    Hi, im new to the site and i am a recent Copen owner as I have bought it for my wife for her birthday in February of this year. She complained of her RPM's being rather high when she was driving at 70mph. She said it was around 4500rpm. Of course i had to investigate this and i too feel that 4500rpm is too high for 70mph. Are any of you getting a similar figure at 70mph? By the way it is a 63bhp 658cc engine.

2. seany87

seany87 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    MX5
    Copen
    Sounds about right for that kind of speed. It's not a motorway cruiser lets be honest. Out of interest, when you bought the car did you not test drive it and get a feel for how the engine speed was at various road speeds/gears?

To some 4500 is high on a cruise but the car can rev up to around 8000rpm so its all relative. My Honda only wakes up past 5-6k rpm (with another 3-2k rpm before hitting the redline) so to keep up with traffic sometimes you have to rev it. My friends who mosty drive diesels and who arent very interested in cars or the mechanics of driving simply dont understand and say i'm 'hurting it by revving it'

The Copen is like a sewing machine it will sit at 4500 rpm all day long no bother, I wouldnt worry!

3. bluebird32

bluebird32 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    daihatsu copen turbo
    alcopen loves revving

Hi my alcopen 2006 does the same it loves high speed revving. in need of stainless exhaust to give it a nice tone at high revs:)

4. Samuel mills

Car(s):
    Hi all, thank you very much for giving me piece of mind about my wifes Copen. Im glad that cruising at 4500rpm will not kill it. Thinking about it, i should have bought the 1.3L engine as it will probably do fewer RPM's at motorway speeds. Like you say, it isnt a motorway cruiser but sometimes, we will need to take it on a motorway, as proven, and keep up with modern traffic. Still we love the Copen though. Definately one of the best cars ive ever bought.

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I usually get 4k RPM @ 110kph (~70mph)

6. Samuel mills

Car(s):
    Do you own a 0.7L Copen or a 1.3L?

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    0.7L - It eats into the fuel, though.

8. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    just been out and done 70 for you in my 0.7
    :)
    [​IMG]

9. Samuel mills

Car(s):
    Ok, glad to know that my wife's Copen is ok at this speed then. Wonder how many revs the 1.3L does as it obviously doesn't Rev as high.

10. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    just about 3200rpm at 70mph for the 1.3

11. Samuel mills

Car(s):
    Aah right okay.