1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another virgin newby!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CopenKeith, Apr 30, 2013.

1. CopenKeith

CopenKeith Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 Daihatsu Copen 0.7
    Hi everyone,
    I have only very recently (this month) bought myself a very cool and fun Copen. I have ridden motorbikes for most of my life, with the odd spattering of cars too, from my first car...a Skoda Estelle!! ...to my last car a Hyundai Coupe which was fabulous too but too exspensive to run. Motorbikes start from a little Yamaha RS100 back in 1975 and ending with a Triumph Speedmaster which I recently sold and used the money to purchase the Copen.
    I had never heard of the Copen before, it was my fiancee who mentioned it and once I took a look at one, that was it I was hooked and wanted one badly.
    My Copen is a 2005 model but it is one owner and done only 16,000 miles from new, it does not have leather seats which is a shame but it does have some nice wood effect trim. I have had the underside treated with a waxoil substance and I am getting the oil changed hopefully next week. Anyway, loving this car every journey to work is so much fun!

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Copenkeith, Welcome to Copenworld.

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi keith and welcome to Copenworld.
    I'm an ex biker, gave it up a long time ago though. First bike was a BSA Bantam, have also owned a Honda 360, a yamaha RD 200 and a Jawa combination, which was a real laugh to ride.
    My second car was also a Skoda estelle, it was one of the least troublesome cars I've ever owned. You've brought back some good memories for me there and the wife has just told me she actually hated travelling in the Jawa sidecar. Typical, she never said anything at the time.:D

4. CopenKeith

CopenKeith Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 Daihatsu Copen 0.7
    Yes the Skoda was very basic and underpowered but it was my first car and i thought it was cool. I remember a mobile mechanic trying to check the timing using a strobe timing light and the timing mark was moving about quarter of an inch either way and the mechanic said...." thats the best i can get it!".... ha ha!