Yellow 0.6 Copen MOT Failure - complete car for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Neil50, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Neil50

Neil50 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen, yellow red leather interior
    2006 525d BMW 5 Series Touring MSport
    Audi A2
    Hi, "Waspy" failed his MOT last year drastically due to rust underneath and he will never go back on the road.

He was running well before the MOT and everything worked (except the rear demister which I just never bothered to look at).

I was thinking about cutting him up to make into a Bar-b-que (front end) and a garden seat area with the top (rear area and roof). Work etc. have taken over and I do not have the time to start chopping him up and fabricating.

We are therefore looking at selling him as an entire car, we will not be personally breaking him as I need the space on the drive and the garage is already full with my tools and motorbikes.

He will obviously have to be trailered away and his brakes are not working (except handbrake) as during the MOT it actually split one of the brake lines!

We are open to sensible offers and know we could make more money from splitting him down but I just do not have the time or space (or understanding landlord!!!)

We are in Saltash Cornwall, just over the Tamar Bridge from Plymouth so I realise it is probably too far for many people, but I would rather sell it within the forum so people can use the parts on their own cars rather than sell it to a dealer for scrap and they make a profit from the parts.

2. Neil50

Car(s):
    Audi A2
    looks like there isn't any interest, I will leave it a bit longer before I get the car towed away and scrapped. Although it is a shame I can't keep it on the drive much longer as I need the space.

3. TriVille

TriVille Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Suzuki Ignis sport
    Daihatsu Copen
    I would take the lights and indicators (both front and back) if you get it scrapped.

4. copenforbusiness

copenforbusiness Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen, CRV, Estima
    HI Neil, I can take it off you, wasn't planning on having another one but I can't bear the thought of another one being scrapped. I would try to restore him. I'm off for Easter break but are back on the 23rd. Would you be able to wait?
    Thanks

Funksterhardtop and sunlover like this.
  5. David 48

David 48 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen
    If you are going to send it to a scrapyard thei I will buy the engine and boot control units from you & pay postage.
    David

6. Copen Corner Breakers

Copen Corner Breakers Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Mx5
    Mercedes
    Hi Neil. How much for the car?

7. Neil50

Car(s):
    Audi A2
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't replied but I have been dealing with a family bereavement.

Waspy is still here but I do not want to start stripping him down and selling parts as I want to move him on as a whole.

I was hoping to get some money for him as he was running fine with everything working before he failed the MOT on structural rust underneath.

I will try and get some pictures but at the moment he is pushed against the side of the drive so I can get to my garage as I am currently working on my BMW and motorbikes.

8. Smc92

Smc92 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc
    Nissan 350Z
    Is this still available?

9. Neil50

Car(s):
    Audi A2
    Hi everyone. Sorry for lack of communication but I have had 2 family deaths recently. Unfortunately we have just lost my father and I will be bringing his and my mothers car to us and therefore need "waspy" off the drive in the next week. If anyone can collect him from saltash between now and next Wednesday I would be happy. If this is not possible then he will have to go to a local scrap yard. Sorry for short notice but family life unfortunately dictates.

10. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Sorry to hear your news Neil. Hope someone can help you out with the car.

11. Neil50

Car(s):
    Audi A2
    Waspy is off to the scrap yard tomorrow. Sorry to see him go this way but unfortunately family circumstances have dictated this.

We may in the future get another one, but at the moment we have 3 cars and 3 motorbikes and only the 2 of us. Dawn cant ride any of the motorbikes