Wiper Blades

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Parm Bilkhu, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

What are the best wiper blades to buy for the Copen as replacements? I've been to Halfords and Asda, neither stock any replacements for the Copen. I'm yet to try GSF and Euro Car Parts, when I get a chance. However looking on eBay there's some strange branded ones and different designs i.e aero etc. Anyone recommend some decent, reliable replacements please? Links would be very handy too - thanks.

2. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Agreed, Parm Bilkhu, I found ebay confusing trying to track down the best blades. I also searched the Copenworld forums for info and in the end I bought these very inexpensive blades:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130996756...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=130996756216&_rdc=1

They fitted easy-peasy, gave a much better wipe than their predecessors and helped Neville to sail through his MOT last month without so much as an advisory! :D:D:D

Hope that helps. Good luck! ;)

3. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Thanks for the response Jules.

Usually it's a case of nip down to Halfords and buy some bosch ones but for some reason all the brands I'm coming across are uncommon. I think I've come across Trupart before but not sure. Are they a good blade? Do they do a good job and silent when in operation? I love the look of these aero blades (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Fron...Make:Daihatsu|Model:Copen&hash=item540fb849c6) but don't really have any faith in terms of operation and reliability etc. The advert hardly fills me with any confidence.

Thanks again for the response and advice.

Parm

4. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    ;)
    Well, it's early days cos I've only had them on for acouple of months, but I'm 100% happy with them - they clear the screen way better then the ones they replaced, and they are totally silent.

I looked at the aero blades but I was put off by the variability of the reviews - a significant number had issues with them.

At the end of the day, at this price, if you're not happy you haven't exactly emptied the bank account!

Good luck with your deliberations. ;)

5. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    had no problem getting them from Halfords. Originally got a set of aero ones but they don't flex enough for the curve of the glass so took them back into shop, refund no problem and got the normal style ones and they are fine. Just ask the person at the parts desk which ones and they will look them up.

6. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Copen Wiper blades are a standard fitting so really you can use ANY wipers blades as long as one is 16" and one is !8".

Remember that blades are rubber and all will deteriorate/harden up over time so even the best will need changing after a couple of years .

On our Copens we have cheap Aero style blades bought via Ebay and even cheaper blades bought from Wilkinsons. - they're all fine. :cool:

7. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Thanks guys, appreciate the help and advice. I'll go with the 'normal' style replacements for winter then get a set of aero (for looks) for summer next year ... if I still have the copen lol

8. Sharplady

Sharplady Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Stupid Halfords

Thanks for the info. I looked up blades on Halfords website and then went into the shop - the info on the website said 18" and 16" - in the shop I was told (and it was in the wee booklet) 16" and 14"!!!!!

:-(:)mad::eek:

9. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    if in doubt, get a tape measure and check what's already on there :)

10. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    One blade is 18" the other is 16"