1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter with the roof open?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by machinehead, Oct 6, 2009.

1. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

It's starting to feel a bit nippy today and I can feel the difference in temperature levels with the roof open.

Having been a biker I intend to have the roof open on the Copen as much as possible through the winter. I reckon it'll be warmer than on the bike.

Does anyone else drive during the winter with the roof open? (Only when it's dry of course!!!)

M.

2. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Oh, goodness, yes!!

It's lovely on a cold, clear, bright winter's day, with the heater warming the little bubble of air the wind deflectors keep inside the car.

You do need a special hat, though. Mine's a white fleece one with a cow's head on the front in black and ears and horns sticking out at the sides.

What??!

3. Dave

Dave Copenworld Newbie

I'm planning on spending as much time as possible with the top down.

I don't think I'll be wearing a cow on my head though. That must be quite a sight! :p

4. Pikachu

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    What, you wouldn't want to wear a piece of sartorial elegance such as...

[​IMG]
    ...this? (this is the exact same hat, by the way)

*sigh* What is the world coming to? Nobody has any taste any more. Just imagine that in the Yellow Peril with the top down, the ears flapping in the wind...

And I can't imagine why the shop where I bought it only had them in children's sizes. :think:

5. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

Yup, I always do. The Copen is much more winterproof than my old Spitfire...the heater works and it has heated seats . Luxury. I think the record was roof down at -7 last year :)

As it gets colder the thicker coat comes out, gloves, one of those Arab Scarves is great too as it can be wrapped around face/neck/ears as required. Don't wear a wooly hat, but always a baseball cap winter/summer cos I have very long hair. A Buff is also useful, google "buff" to find them :)

6. Dave

Dave Copenworld Newbie

Errrr......yes....now I'm tempted :rolleyes:

I bet that attracts attention :D

7. Pikachu

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Er - yes. :eek:

8. machinehead

I had a great drive today in the autumn sun. A little bit more chilly than summer but very enjoyable.

We went right along the coast, had a walk and ate a few of the remaining blackberries.

M.

9. Pikachu

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Sounds lovely! :)

We were out and about on the Harley - it's a tough decision sometimes...

10. shiftyhowe

shiftyhowe Copenworld Newbie

It's been great the past week in the mornings, finishing work about 6am clear sky with a bright old moon brighening things up... great drive home even if it is around 2C-3C.

11. Jiji

Jiji Copenworld Newbie

I still have the top down when weather is dry. And I wear 2 hats one is grey with cat ears and one that is purple with a massive cheshire cat smile on and ears. Hehe. I do get some funny looks

12. Pikachu

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Good for you! You sound as though you'll fit in very nicely...

We ought to have a winter meet, and hope for a nice sunny day so we can all have our tops down and our hats akimbo!

13. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    The pair of you heading down the road in convoy...now that would be an interesting sight! :D

14. machinehead

I had a very nice drive on Saturday but, sadly, no open top action. Too wet and windy.

Still enjoyed the drive though.:D

M.