Window stuck

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by seany87, Apr 14, 2014.

1. seany87

seany87 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    MX5
    Copen
    The drivers side quarter light on my Girlfriend's Copen is stuck. It won't go down when the roof is lowered. Any idea why and what I can do to sort it??

Thanks

2. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    hmmmm no is my answer - have you tried giving it a polite wiggle or looking to see if anything has got down there?

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Your going to have to take the interior to have a good look. Could be the winder motor. Could be the runners just need lubricating.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. seany87

Car(s):
    MX5
    Copen
    Noted. Going away for 2 weeks tomorrow so will have to investigate when I get back. Thanks for the replies!

5. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    is it making any noise, e.g. like the motor is turning but not moving the window, or is it just dead quiet, like there's no power to the motor?

Had a window fail on another car, it was the cable from the motor to the window mechanisn that had failed.

6. seany87

Car(s):
    MX5
    Copen
    Strangely enough, it fixed itself in the end. Must have had an off day. I will be keeping a close eye on it.

7. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    If you look at the electrical schematics, there doesn't appear to be any switches to indicate if the windows are up or down. So, I guess the motor current is monitored, and it if exceeds a threshold, the ecu assumes the motor has been stalled as the window is at the end of the travel.

If the window was not used for some time, it could be that the window mechanism was stiff for some reason, the ecu may think it the window is down (or up).

Well, thats my theory anyway. ;)

Rex.