1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window gremlins

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Tieak, May 21, 2021.

1. Tieak

Tieak Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3 2007
    Fiat 500
    Seat Leon
    I'm starting to have a small problem with the copen's windows when putting the roof back up. Once the roof is back in place as usual, I push the two window switches to put the quarter lights and then the main windows back up. Both the quarterlights go back up without any problem as usual but both the main windows no longer always do so, though the passanger side one is better than the driver side one.

After a bit of flicking the switches and sometimes reopening and reclosing the roof, things come back to life and the main windows close as they should.

When I put the windows up and down in all other situations they both work as normal.

Any hints about the possible problem and where the gremlins may be hiding?

2. APPLEDjerry

APPLEDjerry Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    'Lola': 2009 Copen 1.3 Silver
    'Griffin the Mule': Vauxhall Vectra Estate, 2008, 1.8, black.
    I don't know the answer but it's still worth cleaning the switches with electrical contact cleaner to rule dirty switches out.

Tieak likes this.
  3. Andy3445

Andy3445 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2007 Copen 1.3
    Mini One
    Aston Martin Rapide S
    Mine does the same, the previous owner told me about it when I bought the car, he told me to thump the door panel while operating the switch and it worked every time so far :blush:. Not a technical solution, however it is commonly called a 'Technical Tap' :rofl:

APPLEDjerry likes this.
  4. Tieak

Tieak Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3 2007
    Fiat 500
    Seat Leon
    Hi,
    Thanks for the replies. I’ve had a shot using some electrical contact cleaner and they seem to have gone away. Hopefully they won’t return :)

APPLEDjerry likes this.