Which foods do you love or hate?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by machinehead, Nov 18, 2009.

1. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

Just a bit of fun.

As a child I was very fussy about what I would eat and it wasn't a very wide range of foods.

As an adult I eat almost anything!!

If I'm out for a treat however, I go for seafood. Oysters, mussels, crab, lobster, fish.

Things I don't like - broccoli, cauliflower, although if they're served up, i can eat them.

What foods do you love and hate?

M.

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I've never been able to face seafood. I tried to eat a shrimp once when I was about 12, and after chewing it for about 20 minutes I realised there was no way I was ever going to be able to swallow it :eek:

I've been vegetarian for over 20 years now. Thankfully, chocolate is vegetarian....I don't think I could live without it!!

3. Tringhenge

Tringhenge Copenworld Pioneer

Like Machinhead there was little I would eat as a child, now most anything goes.

However there are two foods I abhor to this day. Celery and brussel sprouts.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  4. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    A good friend of mine went to the seaside with her family when she was about 5. Her Dad had a plate of whelks, and gave her one. They played on the beach; they had a drink; she had an ice cream; and on the way back to the car, about two hours later, her Mum realised she was chewing on something.

Yes, it was the whelk - still going strong... :eek:

Personally, I like fish, hot and sour Thai soup, and I would probably commit some fairly terrible crimes for a good creme brulee. But I can't stand sugar snap peas or mange tout; it's not the flavour, it's the stringy bits down the edges. If I find myself chewing on one of those, especially at a polite gathering, I'm in trouble!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  5. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

I finally realised over the weekend that one thing I really hate the taste of is fat. I had a nice peice of sirloin and someone at the table was eating the fat.

There's no way I could do that. Disgusting flavour.

M.

6. pinky

pinky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    None as of yet but i've picked a copen to be my first :)
    LOOOVEEE anything dairy... Love spicy food like Mexican & Indian & I dispise peas & brussell sprouts *blech*​

7. alexa

alexa Copenworld Newbie

i love spicy food! and I would love to try different flavors of ice cream. any suggestions? like some weird flavor but fantastic taste...:p