1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel arch kit

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Dawn Finch, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Dawn Finch

Dawn Finch Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    My arches are so bad, I have a 2002 imported model - I’m in the uk. The guy that refurbed my wheels said I might be able to buy a wheel arch kit, so basically they fit over the top to hide the rust. Anyone got any advise/thoughts please?

2. sunlover

sunlover Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi Dawn I've not used them but I would be worried that the rust would get worse if the rust is left untreated and then covered with the arches, it will likely just continue eating into the car, also depending on how they are fitted would be a breeding ground for moisture, as I say I've not used them just my thoughts. Be interested to hear if anyone has used them.

AFR0N1 likes this.
  3. Dawn Finch

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yes I see your point. Problem is you could put your finger through to the other side. They are rotten all the way through. He said I’d have to have each arch cut out new metal welded in. Cost at least £500 each one = £2k, & that’s at least, probably more.
    Yes would be good to hear if anyone has done it. I really can’t afford to have the job done properly.

4. sunlover

sunlover Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    I would definitely get a second quote, that does see a bit high. Mines is in just now getting quite a bit of bodywork done including 2 arches and it's 800 quid. Look around, the first company I spoke to were saying they couldn't quote until they had stripped my car back, yeah right. Its not a massive job as bad as it can look, word of mouth may be the way to go. Take your time to get some quotes, I'm sure there will be cheaper out there. Ps can I ask how much your wheels cost to get refurbished?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  5. Dawn Finch

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thank you for the advice.
    The wheel refurb was £60 per wheel.