Whats your favourite part?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by quibbles, Jan 1, 2013.

1. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    ........so to speak.
    When you're admiring your little car, from inside or out, what part makes you the most proud? For me it's a toss up between the red and black little sporty steering wheel, and the cool chrome gear stick knob thingy.:cool:

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hmmm mine has to be the happy looking front.

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The cars look great from behind with the roof down. I don't think the interior of the Copen is particularly great but the red and black momo wheel with matching door panels is neat.

4. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

starting the engine- it sounds so throaty.

5. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

Out of curiosity - is there things you dont like about the Copen? I would say, that changes each yeah - when i first got it, i thought not having a spare tyre was a bad idea. A the moment i would say its short interval oil changes are a hassle, and the lack of space i need when the roofs down

6. Quartz

Quartz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Grey Copen 2007
    It works,
    it works,

Oh and the rear spoiler is comical :)

Oh, Oh and people look at it like Sputnik 2 has landed.

7. quibbles

Car(s):
    It's because it's comical that I love it. :D
    I don't like the little black plastic knob on the handbrake lever. Not remotely cool.
    Also the pillock who owned it before us installed the most annoying alarm system known to man. Ifyou don't start the engine within a minute of opening the doors, it disables the whole thing and locks you in. Same for getting out. You have to leave the engine running to unload the boot, and to fill up with petrol, you have to get everyone out of the car and lock it because the motion sensors would set the alarm off if anyone's still sitting in it. Crazy!:mad:

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Can't you disable those features? What system is fitted?

9. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Its not the standard Cobra system then and I like how it immobilises the car if you don't put keys in/start it after a short period.

My don't likes:
    1: fuel economy/tank range not as good as expected from figures
    2: no low fuel light!!
    3:flimsy lid between seats and tricky to get to opening button that is tight up against the seat which need to get at each time go in boot or fill with fuel. Would have been much better if it opened backwards and then the lock and opening button could be on the front edge, easy to get at and the passenger could get in also. As it is the passenger has to look and reach over lid.
    4: just a bit more acceleration thrill to it and/or better responsiveness. But looking at air filter mod that will aid that may be give what I'd like.

My likes:
    1:easier/quicker to wash and hoover.
    2: twin tail pipes
    3: cornering, minimal roll
    4: easy roof lowering/raising and neat/hidden when down. As opposed to some rag tops like the mini and beetle that look untidy when its down. They look total after thoughts to some how shoe horn a carbrio model in the range.
    5: the bulge on the bonnet, especially looking at it from inside the car.

10. quibbles

Car(s):
    I think I'd agree with all of those .

Not sure what alarm system it is. Have to ask my husband. He is going to try to disable some of the features, but hasn't got round to it yet. It's not easy to disable an alarm because it's specially designed not to be able to be tampered with obviously!

11. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Oh yes another dislike, with this alarm it has stopped the boot opening facility with the fob.

12. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    Fave part: the smile it puts on my face, both by the way it looks unseriousfun from the outside and the way it turns into seriousfun when you drive it. If I had to narrow it down to single parts;
    inside = Momo wheel fits hands just right
    outside = wheels now I've had them refurbed (silver spokes then fading to black in recesses)

Thing I'd redesign;
    inside = wiper+washer control so it wipes when you squirt window wash (is it just mine that doesn't do this?), plus add variable rate intermittent wipe
    outside = don't have the number plate boss moulded off-centre into the bumper, then you could (re)move plate and have a symetrical front end

Mitzi likes this.
  13. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Like:

For me its the swage line that runs from the top on the front wing back up towards the windscreen, then reappears on the top of the boot lid, then runs down onto the rear bumper along under the number plate housing and then heads off back down the otherside of the car back to the front wing. Nice detail, good bit of styling.

14. quibbles

Car(s):
    I was driving home today in drizzle and I thought how annoying it is that the wipers don't automatically come on when you squirt the water, so it's not just you.
    Personally I love the off centre number plate. It's quirky :D

Mitzi likes this.
  15. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    Yes, I took quite like the off set reg plate.
    Agreed with the squirt and wipe. Sometimes you just want a quick blast. Are other Diahatsu's like this or just the Copen. I can't think of a car of mine that's not had it. Its so simple and elsewhere standard, why not included it. Being a small light car isn't an excuse for that.
    Why didn't they go down to Toyota and grab a box full of wiper levers while they were down there getting other parts!
    It could be retro-fitted. You just need a spring loaded button that you cut into the wires off the wiper lever for the squirted and wiper if my basic electronics knowledge is correct. Just hold finger on it to continue. Take it off it stops.

16. quibbles

Car(s):
    Uhu....
    Another thing I like is what we call the seated heats :)

17. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Favourite things

Too many to single out one, but here's a few that immediately spring to mind...
    1 - The retro look. The shape of the front grill defines the car and is the best looking grill on any car in recent years. (There seems to be a Japanese thing for completely changing the front end and making the Copen look like any other modern sporty number. To me, these chavtastic monsters have destroyed the true essence of the Copen -change the grill maybe but not the shape of it)
    2 - The way it shrinks to a toy car size when you see it parked up in a line of "normal" cars in a car park.
    3 - The smell of the leather seats when you open the door. Not a kinky thing but there's a lot of other cars with basically cheaper leather than that on the Copen and they smell awful. The Copen is mmm, nice!
    4 - With the roof down you are really exposed. Other convertibles such as the Focus CC or Peugeot CC have too big a windscreen.

18. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    got to agree with so many on here... but here is my list

1) definitely the driving experience, guaranteed to put a smile on my face. I don't even mind the very bumpy ride... it reminds me how close i am to the ground and outside. Just me and a refined tin can.

2) CONVERTIBLE! + yep I am one of those freezing my guts off if there is a glimmer of sun

3) the look when the roof is down - the way the bars point down into the curves of the car

4) the view from the driving seat red momo wheel, bucket like seats, the word copen written by my feet, the road tax disc holder which has a copen with the roof down engraved into it. It is the happiest place to sit truly.

dislike
    stupid fuel clip placement and boot unlocking button
    no rear windscreen wiper
    the air con for the screen which has the strength of a asthmatic child's breath.
    Leaks and the potential of them everywhere

Mainly - the fact that because it is so small and cute looking, people just will pull out on you cause they think they are faster... drive on your side of the road because they want to bully you

19. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    I kind of agree with the asthmatic child one, but as I've moaned about on here before, the heater is like a hot breath. It never gets sweaty hot. My Puma I could get my back sweating and it didn't have heated seats. So my grumble is not so much the a/c.

Mitzi likes this.
  20. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    from the back with the head roll bars or whatever they are called, the way they hoop it leads you back to the bonnet piece and the curvy boot of the car.

but ... the daihatsu emblazoned (because it is also on the rear windscreen) on that wind deflector and the fact it scratches easier than chalk does my nut in!

and I would complain about the sun visors, but I dont believe they actually exist, I think it was just some left over metal and board and they though we shall just make a bit of extra padding at the top of the car for the times you literally career off a speed hump and end up flying in the air and smashing your head on the top of the car.