1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i replace?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Buckshot, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Buckshot

Buckshot Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Copen
    2017 Volvo S60 BSR
    Hello. my copen has been standing since 2016. I´m planning to start using it in the spring of 2021. It´s a 1,3 2007 model. It has done 40 000 km/ 25 000 miles. The garage is dry and ca 20 C. I started it today and it runs perfect. What should i replace before i start using it? The obvious thing is the battery. It´s dead.
    What else?

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    engine oil, brake fluid, tyres if they have not been moved at all
    Optional: other fluids (power steering, gearbox oil)

3. rayva

rayva Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    Anything you need to to pass mot/roadworthy if it hasn't been licensed since then.

All fluids would be preferable there's only 4(, oh and windscreen wiper additive lol)

Tyres if it hasn't been up on stands because they'll have warped/dried out/flattened,whatever the real term is.

Depending on when it was serviced last maybe look at spark plugs and see if they need replacing, because you want to running great.

Then check brakes for wear/rust replacement of front brakes and rotors is easy as, paint calipers if you wish.

Surface rust under wheel arches if present should be sanded back rust treated and painted with rubberised paint (for longevity and sound proofing).

Cross bars underneath, if they are rusted, should be sanded back, rust proffed and painted.

Ensure all lights, electrical features, heater vents, demisters, windscreen washers and sprayers work.

LoL, sorry I've just revived my 2004 copen and it passed roadworthy (mot) today after all of the above work and I'm so happy!

Yours may not require that much depending on its licensing ability.

sunlover likes this.