1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this button for?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by adrian, Jan 4, 2011.

1. adrian

adrian Copenworld Newbie

Guys, i just bought a 2nd hand copen.

One of the buttons, the one just below the handbrake with the arrows pointing in opposite directions, doesn't work for me.

What is that button supposed to do actually?

sounds like a stupid question i know..

thanks in advance

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    As far as I'm aware there are five possible buttons to press around the handbrake.
    The heated seats buttons are above the handbrake.
    The two below these, slightly lower than the handbrake are for the windows.
    The one under the handbrake is the switch to put the roof up & down.

From your description I'd guess it was for one of the windows.

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I had at look at mine on the way home.
    I'm not so sure it us the window button. Mine dosen't have an arrow on.
    Can you post a picture of it?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Hi,
    Looking at the handbook, the one directly below the handbrake is the roof operation.

Hope this helps.

Lotuseater.

5. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    The roof operation button has a picture of the car on it though with the roof opening. There are no arrows.

The only button with arrows facing the away from each others is for the electric mirrors. This button is on the LH side, behind the steering wheel.

6. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

Might be an after-market button? Possibly something to do with the alarm or the immobiliser?? Or more likely the parachute deploy or emergency ejector seat :)

7. adrian

adrian Copenworld Newbie

thanks for the input guys, just got it back from workshop will post a pic of it tom..

i think it was some modification done by previous owner

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Copenworld Newbie

Most probably the roof button. Make sure your canvas at the boot is pull up and hook before you can open the roof! If not it won't work!

9. Randy

Randy Copenworld Newbie

Must admit, i`d never buy a copen without already seein the roof go up and down... Surely it can`t be the power roof button... can it? :think:

10. jmaboko@gmail.com

jmaboko@gmail.com Copenworld Newbie

Are these buttons for heated seat?

Hi Guys

I just read your discussions about these my mysterious buttons. I have the same question regarding the two buttons above the window opening switches. I have the 1.3L 2006 Copen.

Would I be correct in assuming that these blanked out buttons are for seat warming?

If I connect a switch onto the green connector I found inside the arm rest would the seat warmer work? This would be nice for South African winter.

Attached Files:

11. jmaboko@gmail.com

jmaboko@gmail.com Copenworld Newbie

I found this page from the Copen Manual that I downloaded from Copen World (Thanks to Adam ;) ).

So these buttons are for seat warmers. I just need to get two switches and try warm up my booty. Lol

Attached Files:

12. Ashley

Ashley Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Merc estate
    RAV4 3-Door
    I don't think that's going to work...:(

The expensive part is the heater element which is in the seat itself that's the part which is needed - not the switch.

Mind you, if you try it and it works, let me know - I have the same thing in mine.

13. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yep, that's for the bum warmers. I think only fitted with the leather option seats.

Rex.

14. Ashley

Ashley Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Merc estate
    RAV4 3-Door
    Mine also has leather seats - but (apparently) no bum warmers and blanked off switches.

I'm guessing that Daihatsu decided that in "Africa", it is plenty warm enough, so we wouldn't need them?

Now if they actually fitted the heater elements, it seems unlikely that they would try to save the pennies by not fitting a couple of switches? More likely that they didn't fit the heating elements either.

Mind you, I will be happy to be proved wrong - if I am, then I can also upgrade my seats for the cost of a couple of switches.

Probably easiest to check by finding the terminals in the switch connector that connect to the heater elements and checking the resistance across them with a multimeter - Zero = short circuit, Infinity = not connected, something in between means that an element is probably present.

I'm away from home now (so I can't try it), but if anyone has success I'd be glad to hear about it.

15. Ashley

Ashley Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Merc estate
    RAV4 3-Door
    Also you could try looking under the seats - if there are heaters in them, there should be a couple of wires going from the car to the seats.

If anyone with the bum warmers fitted, could check this theory and if you find the connecting wires take a picture and post it, then we should be able to find out whether it is possible - Please?

16. skyecn

skyecn Copenworld Newbie

In mine it is the ejector seat. Just make sure the roof is down first.

17. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I must get one of those fitted as well, it could come in very useful :D

18. CA49000

CA49000 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    '00 Honda Ferio SiR (Track Car)
    '06 Daihatsu Copen (Daily)
    '10 Daihatsu Sirion 1.5 Sport (Family Car)
    Also from South Africa. The copen that i have also has the blanked out switch covers. After thoroughly inspecting the seats now, the wires lead into the top and bottom of the seats but i cant seem to feel or see any heating elements. How would I fit the heater panels to the bottom, because the top part you can unzip and insert the panel, theres space for that.

19. Scareysue

Scareysue Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Vivid
    Nope, not just with leather seats. Also came as standard in the Vivid. Toasty :D

20. Scareysue

Scareysue Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Vivid
    I'll try... If I remember. I'm hard of thinking today.:(