1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water on Passenger Seat

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by quickbrownfox, Dec 21, 2011.

1. quickbrownfox

quickbrownfox Copenworld Newbie

Hello again! I only ever seem to post problems here.

Got into the Copen this morning and noticed some drops of water on the passenger seat. Felt all around the roof and windows and no excessive water there. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I think it might be from the bit at the edge of the door near the lock, but I can't be sure.

It was rainy and windy last night, so it might have blown through maybe?

Any suggestions? Should I get some grease/silicone on the seals to be safe?

Thanks in advance,
    John

2. Sherbert

Sherbert Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Bright Yellow Copen
    I seem to get a little water on the driver's seat in my Copen. It seems to be coming past the door seal, but it's only a small amount so I haven't investigated much further. Will keep an eye on this threat to look for suggestions.

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Get some Silicone lubricant from halfords. It comes in an aerosol can with a straw applicator. Like WD40 does.
    Treat ALL the roof seals. Spray it on, leave it for a few minutes then wipe the residue off. Should help with sealing & will make the seals last longer.

4. issuefixed

issuefixed Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    yes
    & will reduce squeaking a lot, for a couple of weeks

5. quickbrownfox

quickbrownfox Copenworld Newbie

Thanks guys, will try get some over christmas and give it a try on a dry day. It's peeing down here today.

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I often get a few drops of water on the seats when opening the door (after it has been raining that is!).
    Now I first run my finger under the top edge of the door window before opening the door.

Rex.