1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warwick gets a Copen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by copenbuddy, May 7, 2015.

1. copenbuddy

copenbuddy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen
    Hi there,
    my wife is not a car fan by any means, although she loved our VW Beetles we ran for 25 years. Shortly after her 70th she told me she regretted not having a character car and fancied a Figaro or some little car she couldn't identify.

Five days later we were the proud owners of a 2006 silver Copen.

She is entranced and I have to say that I get equally as much fun out of it - driving makes me smile again - in fact, driving it home I actually hurt my face grinning !

We have seen another one in the area but not when we have been out in ours - now named Buddy.

Paul and Lynne

2. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Copening, Paul and Lynne - great to see the joy of Copens, spreading across the country :D. Here in Cumbria they are a rare sight but today, driving Neville through Whitehaven top down in the sunshine, I spotted an 09-plate silver beast ahead. I hooted joyously :) as it drew up, the door opening to reveal an elderly lady emerging, walking stick in hand! We exchanged happy comments and I drove on. Brill to see the broad spread of Copenistas, age-wise.

Enjoy your little bundle of joy - Neville certainly keeps a big smile on my face! :):):)

3. copenbuddy

copenbuddy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen
    Hi Jules,
    thanks for the welcome but age is just a number you know ? and we still try to have lots fun and remain as daft as we ever were.

I collected our 12 year old grandson on Sunday and he was really taken with the Copen, loving the sound of the turbo. He didn't know it was a convertible and was gobsmacked when I pulled over and lowered the roof.

Cool granddads rule !
    Paul and Lynne

4. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    You are so right!! :)

Our grandson is just 5 but I'm really looking forward to when I can take him out in Neville and watch his face :D; at the moment it's just a car ... reckon Copens are just a little more than that! ;)

Have funnnnn!!

5. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    my 3 year old niece was entranced when I told her to hold the roof lowering button on my copen - she thought it was fantastic.

6. creeps

creeps Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi

Hi Paul and Lynne
    Copen's are really fun cars , and it sounds like you are having great fun in yours !!
    I love them , I am hoping to retire this year , and my husband said the Copen will have to go them , no point in having 2 cars - not a chance - would rather stay at work, then lose the smile on my face

Happy Driving

Sally