1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warning light

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ann H, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Ann H

Ann H Copenworld Newbie

An orange light shaped like and engine outline has appeared in the dashboard. What does it mean. I can't download the owners manual on this site unfortunately

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    That is the engine management warning light.
    You need to take the car to mechanic that has a diagnostic tool. That will read an error code identifying the problem.
    The manual advises not to drive the car for prolonged period as this could damage the catalytic converter.
    Is the car running okay?

3. Ann H

Ann H Copenworld Newbie

Spot on - managed to get it to a garage who diagnosed 'A random misfire on coils 1,2,3 & 4' said it was likely dirt - didn't charge. said to come back if it occurs again as then it might be something serious
    Restored a little faith
    Thank you for your knowledge

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Good news, fingers crossed then.

5. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

Ive had this happen, took it to the dealer, and it was the O2 sensors -
    I was told they had to be replaced, and it was a little expensive, and the parts took 2 months to get, but until then i was able to drive the car all the time, until the parts arrived - the only thing was, the fuel economy was just a little worse than normal, but i cold live with that - i was concerned damage to the engine, but the guy said, no it was fine, and so after a few weeks, i forgot all about it, until the parts arrived and repaired it. They found out the problem by linking the car up to the computer system called "diahatsu-nostic" which was at our toyota dealer.