1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vindictive lawnmower assaults Copen

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Nedryerson, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Nedryerson

Nedryerson Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    I found it !!!

What ?

"Start a new thread:" at
    copenworld > Site Information

Anyway, enough of this nonsense. This morning a high speed object shot out from my lawnmower and shattered the driver side window of the Copen which was just sitting in the sunshine there minding its own business when BANG went the glass.

I'm comfortable with the repair but are there any pics or hints out there I should be aware of before I start to dismantle ?

Ned

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  3. Nedryerson

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    ClareL brilliant pics. I would not have got those screws behind the trim !

So, here goes !

4. Nedryerson

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    Copenistas,

Just thought I'd share the window repair so far.

I got a new window on line for £23.99 which was due for delivery on Thursday so I though I would get the door card off and start hoovering the tiny bits of glass from the door cavity. Some of the tiny shards of glass had found their way into the lock mechanism which sent the control system a bit strange. Suddenly the car decided to lock the doors and no matter what I did they remained shut even the key wouldn't work. After an hour the door just swung open by itself! Then I found the battery was flat and the engine wouldn't start!

The bits had also found their way into the electric window mechanism but that seemed to sort itself out without too much trauma.

Anyhow, eventually got to the point when I was ready to fit the new glass but here we are on Saturday night still waiting for City Link to turn up. Bit disappointing having paid ten quid for 'next day' delivery !

Ned