1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Early Copen???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JulesAtCumbria, Oct 2, 2016.

1. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Now, I thought that the Copen was on sale in the UK from 2002. The DVLA sales figures don't show any accumulation until 2003: DAIHATSU COPEN - How Many Left?

I've seen 52-platers out there, but never a 51-plate, i.e. late 2001/early 2002. This lovely beast is up for sale in Bristol (at quite a price!) and is advertised as a 2001 car: Daihatsu Copen 0.66 Roadster 2dr

What d'ya reckon? And less than 25K miles from new! That's less than 2000 miles per year! Anyone else seen a 2001 car and if so how does that sit with the DVLA figures?? :wondering::wondering:

Any comments?

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    Is it a Japanese import? Because I have never heard of an automatic one in europe. There were early ones that only had 64hp instead of 68. Maybe it is one of them, even if it says 67hp in the ad.

3. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Hey, good spot @Salieri! It's says "manual", but you're right - the pic shows and auto-box, so I reckon you're right - an early import!

4. Neil50

Neil50 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen, yellow red leather interior
    2006 525d BMW 5 Series Touring MSport
    Audi A2
    Import, notice it has got an aftermarket square foglight in the bumper and clear lens where the foglight usually is.

Salieri likes this.