1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Edition facelift for Buzz.

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by PhillandLin, Jan 13, 2014.

1. PhillandLin

PhillandLin Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc Turbo 2006 Silver
    Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium 2014 Black
    Good afternoon fellow Copenworld enthusiasts. Happy New Year!

Just thought I would share the details of a mini facelift for Buzz, in the form of an Ultimate Edition black chrome grille. :cool:

I ordered this on 10 September 2013 from a supplier based in Japan. It was expensive :eek: the carriage charge was truly ridiculous :eek::eek: and I knew that it would take 8 to 10 weeks to arrive in the UK from Japan using seafreight :mad: However, I really thought that it would transform the look of Buzz at the front, and I loved the design, so I ordered one.

Last week, I got a letter from Parcel Force to inform me that the parcel had arrived in Leeds, and was awaiting the payment of the import duty before it would be released :-(( It took 17 weeks to arrive, cost a fortune, and I still had another £35 to find :-((

So, I bit the bullet, walked down to the bottom of the garden and plucked some more notes from our 'magic money tree' :) and handed them over to Parcel Force. Two days later, it was finally in my hands.

In my opinion, it is a thing of beauty, and looks really fantastic when it's installed :D I've taken a couple of photos to show the end result. I'd be really keen to find out what other members think?

By the way, the installation of a new grille could not be more simple, a 2 minute job for a pen pusher like me, like falling off a log :)

So, I now have a spare standard radiator grille in perfect condition to dispense of. If anyone is in need of one, please send me a PM. If not, it'll be going on Ebay soon.

Cheers! Phill and Lin and Elliott and Buzz.

Attached Files:

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Buzz is looking great! I had all the same problems when I ordered mine but I still love my grill - it is definitely worth it :D

3. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Nice Grill! It's on my to buy list but what a wait though. Don't know if I'd have the patience though! Who did you buy it off? I've seen them on ebay to buy from Japan off Sakura Car I think?

Loving the wheels on Buzz too. Did you buy the car like that or buy the wheels yourself?

4. PhillandLin

PhillandLin Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc Turbo 2006 Silver
    Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium 2014 Black
    Thanks very much for the kind compliments to ClareL and alz2605, they are very much appreciated!

I do agree with you ClareL, it does look good, and transforms the look, but looking back and given the time again, I don't think that I would buy it again. Too expensive, and far too much worry about whether it would ever arrive, and in what sort of condition!
    Yes alz2605, it was Sakura Car. Can't fault the supplier, he despatched the grille immediately following my payment.

And yes again concerning the alloys. I did buy Buzz with them already fitted, and it was one of the main reasons that I bought him. They are produced by Oz Racing, and are 15 inch size, fitted with Falken 'fast road' 45mm profile tyres. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Phill and Lin and Elliott and Buzz.

5. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    looking fantastic - totally sold me on getting the grill! also new alloys, looking at yours and joe's totally transformed my thoughts on the original alloys.

can I ask 2 questions - how much did the grill cost in the end?

and how many bolt holes do your alloys have?

thanks very much