1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Copen in Europe... Headlights and fog light problem!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by sheppardpat47, Jun 27, 2022.

1. sheppardpat47

sheppardpat47 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    Hello everyone,

So I bought a 2004 Copen from a French guy that imported it from Scotland, so it's a Bri'ish car and of course the headlights are... For driving on the left, not on the right like we all do in Europe

So it didn't passed MOT because of that, and also the fog light on the rear isn't in the right place, it should be on the left but mines is on the right

I don't know what to do, is it possible to convert the headlights permanently for driving in Europe? Some guys disassemble the headlights and reverse the projector thingy or something and after it works, but I want to be sure before disassemble the headlights if it's even possible

Can someone help me please? Thanks so much :)

2. sheppardpat47

Car(s):
    Bri'ish Copen :
    [​IMG]
    European Copen :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If someone sells headlamps for the European Copen I'm in ! Or the rear lamps !

3. sheppardpat47

Car(s):
    For those who have the same problem, I've fixed it :

I bought some european headlights from someone on Facebook, and bought a rear reverse light from an European copen, so I have "two" reverse light, I inversed the cables from the fog lights and reverse light so when I turn on fog lights it lights up on the left, and when I shift into reverse it's the right side that turns on, like this :
    [​IMG]

Since it's a clear lamp I needed a red colored LED lamp, I took a cheap one from amazon and seems to work good.

Result :
    [​IMG]

So it's basically symetrical like a Japanese copen! Looks super cool