1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres - Nankangs in the UK - let down badly by Delti AG

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by CeriCopen, Oct 19, 2017.

1. CeriCopen

CeriCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Nankangs 165/50 R15 .

I have just been let down very badly by the Delti tyre company in Germany.

They despatched two tyres, one of which was the wrong size, an R16 not an R15! My MOT was due 3 days ago.

Even though the wrong tyre size was their mistake, they won't dispatch a tyre express delivery, I can have a replacement in 4/5 working days.

Delti trade online as mytyres.co.uk and tyresoutlet.co.uk and with loads of other names.

Dam hard to find a company to pick up a Nankang for the Copen from in the UK, lot's of companies will deliver in 3,4,5 days.

4x4tyres.co.uk 01789 774884 based in Stratford, Warwickshire will let me pick one up later today. They normally deliver in 1 to 2 days.

Lifesavers, the cost for 1 tyre including delivery and VAT £44.

Been using the Nankangs for 5 years, they last better than the Bridgestone's and I am very happy with them, and yes I do push my Copen.

4x4tyres.co.uk are saving me 7 days of no car, I will always use them now.

Shocked at how poor Delti's customer service has been.

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    There is a saying in Germany: "Servicewüste Deutschland", which means "Service-desert Germany". Some companies really are not customer-oriented. I have not had any issues with Delticom as of yet, and I can kind of understand why they are not willing to pay for the express service, as its very expensive. But still, it would have been nicer of them to do it.

CeriCopen likes this.
  3. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    Just in case you're not aware, you can actually go for your MOT up to a month earlier than it's due date and still keep your renewal - mine was due to expire 16/08/2017, I had it done on 20/7/17 but it still runs until 16/08/18.
    Gives you almost a month for any repairs or parts needed that way ;D

4. Salieri

Car(s):
    Funny, in Germany you can overrun the due date by a month and still get approval without any extra costs and its still valid for the full 2 years starting on the day of the examination. :D

After 2 months police can fine you if you get caught (15€). After 8 months it starts to get serious (60€ and entry into the register of traffic offenders, you might lose insurance coverage) :D

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    CeriCopen likes this.
  5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    In Ireland you can do your NCT (Irish MOT, but by the government not private) 3 months before the due date... I did mine 2 months late once, no one batted an eye - got the same expiry date as if I had done mine on time.

The NCT is done: Every 2 years after the car is 4 years old, then every year after the 10th "birthday" of the car. Over ~30 years old, no NCT is needed as the car is a "classic". I did mine in advance last year because of time constraints.

6. CeriCopen

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi Vin, very awar
    Salieri, If a company makes a mistake and inconveniences a customer, then they should do there utmost to fix their mistake. Had I not fixed their mistake my car would have been off the road for a week :(

7. CeriCopen

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen

Hi Vin, yup, did that before, but sometimes things like life and work get in the way of being ahead of the curve!

Vin Petrol likes this.
  8. Salieri

Car(s):
    Thats not how it works in Germany sometimes :D
    Germans get bad service, complain about it and go there the next day to shop again :D

Look at Volkswagen screwing over their customers. US citizens get apologies, rebates and compensations. Germans get nothing but still buy VW:D
    Look at the elections. CDU and SPD (lead by Merkel) screwed our citizens over many times. Still they got more than 50% combined in the elections last month.
    I think you have to be born here to understand it :D

CeriCopen likes this.
  9. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    Yeah...after examining the UK political parties I voted for the one which seemed most sensible. The fact it was the Monster Raving Loony Party I voted for says something about the rest of my choices. :p

CeriCopen likes this.
  10. Salieri

Car(s):
    Ah, we also have a similar one, called "Die Partei" (the party). Its run by a satirical magazine and they are even in the EU parliament :D