1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres 165/50R15 73v

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Fonti 1966, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Fonti 1966

Fonti 1966 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello all.

I am sure this has been discussed... but what tyres are you using and who is supplying?

Thanks all.

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    I'm using old stock Bridgestone Potenza RE040. They don't make them anymore.

3. Fonti 1966

Car(s):
    Copen
    yes. I have those... but they are cracking.... thanks for your response. Do you think we could use 175? Thanks

4. Quartz

Quartz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Grey Copen 2007
    Don't get 175 width I have used that width before it is spongy/terrible to drive on and doesn't corner very well and has to be pretty much forced onto the rim.

If you're looking for tyres I ordered mine from here: https://www.camskill.co.uk
    I admit they are a budget tyre as I was looking at cost, however I find them just as good if not better than the standard Bridgestone fit tyre that originally came with the car.
    *Just be sure to triple check the size as internet sites like to offer 'suggestions' that will not fit.*

The tyres I bought were:
    HF805:4584[4] Hifly Tyres / Car / Hifly £113.60
    165/50 R15 72V
    Fuel Eff.: E
    Wet Grip: C
    NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB
    CARRIAGE £15.80
    ORDER TOTAL £129.40
    (Prices are from when I ordered them back in October 2020)

I put these into my car and went to a decent garage to get them fitted at a cost of about another £40. So in all it cost me ~£170 for 4 tyres. It also might be worth getting tracking done if you're having a set of fresh tyres on, I got a 4 wheel alignment done at National Tyres but it's not necessary if you didn't have any tracking issues before.

**Update the tyre might not be available on that site anymore (I found the link through a 3rd party site that linked to camskill stock rather than flicking through their site).
    I have found another site to try here: Shop • Save on Tyres

Hifly seems to be the go to tyre brand/size available for this car at the moment.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Fonti 1966 likes this.
  5. Fonti 1966

Car(s):
    Copen

Thanks so much for your help and advice... I really appreciate you taking time to support.
    Best wishes

Quartz likes this.
  6. Quartz

Car(s):
    Grey Copen 2007
    Good luck finding what you need. :)

Fonti 1966 likes this.
  7. Fonti 1966

Car(s):
    Copen
    been reading up. And thanks again for the info. How are they in the wet? Thanks.

8. Quartz

Car(s):
    Grey Copen 2007
    The tyres are pretty decent in the wet in real world conditions even when pressing on a little and hitting standing water. I have also been driving in 2 inches of poweded snow recently and they do pretty well in that too. The tyre rating of C for wet braking distance in my experience does seem right for this tyre (Rating from A best to G worst). Like with all summer tyres of this type it is best to be cautious a little in cold weather (Below 7degrees).

Oh, here are some examples of price differences when it comes to this tyre manufacturer from different suppliers:
    Save on tyres 165/50R15 HIFLY HF805 72V • Save on Tyres (Delivery)
    RAC Tyres Top brands and prices you'll love - RAC Tyres (Local fit and delivered options)
    ASDA Tyres Who knew Asda did tyres? (ASDA does tyres! Fitting only available at this time Mail Order is sold out)

Hope this helps.

9. Fonti 1966

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks so much for all your help.
    I have narrowed It down to the Comforser and something called a road cruise tyre.
    Happy motoring thanks again