1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Compressor Kit

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by tyke, Mar 6, 2016.

1. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen imported to Thailand from Japan
    I have been reading other threads and saw photos of a compressor and tyre fix kit which came with the car.

In my boot the jack doesn't look like it has ever been used or the tool kit, which is complete and in new condition and also the tonneau cover and it's case are like new and unused. However, I don't have the compressor kit which surprises me a everything else in the boot is mint. Did it come with every model or was it introduced later ? Mine is a 2004 659 cc model.

2. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    Mine is also a 2004 0.7. I have the compressor which has never been used, and some goo to put in the tyres, but nothing else! The compressor was buried under the back part of the boot...

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    My toolkit and compressor was missing. Since the can of goo, if I had one, would have most likely expired, I got a can of Holts TyreWeld instead... they are the same thing, and the Holts doesn't need a compressor.

I really wish there was enough space for a space saver spare wheel

shane likes this.
  4. Soundifferent

Soundifferent Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Materia 1.5 Hiro (2012), Copen 1.3 HGF (2006)
    Well done. I'm going the same route since my kit has been there unused for the last 10 years. ;)

5. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Mine came with the toolkit and compressor intact (though swimming in water in the bottom of the boot!) but as others point out, the tyre gunk will have expired and, in any case, tyre repair centres hate tyres that have been filled with it and may refuse to deal with it anyway. One option that's worked for me is a tubeless tyre repair kit which I keep in the car with a pair of pliers to remove screws/nails/etc. from the tyre. They're dirt cheap, e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/TYRE-TIRE-P...457777657&sr=1-3&keywords=puncture+repair+kit and dead easy to use. However, you would find a compressor handy and if you can't track a Copen one down, you can easily buy a cheap aftermarket one.

Good luck Tyke!

MultiplexMan likes this.
  6. MultiplexMan

MultiplexMan Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    KIA Carnival YP, Copen
    Mine came with the complete kit. Compressor works and is the typical 12V unit as supplied with some European makes. You could substitute it with any decent 12V compressor. Our local Aldi regularly has "4WD" compressors on sale for ~AUD40.

The can of goo had expired. I tried it out in an old bucket and was warmly greeted with...nothing!

I use a tubeless tyre repair kit. A practice I adopted from motorcycle touring and 4WDing. It will get you out of trouble if you are in the middle of nowhere without mobile telephone coverage. Of course nothing will help if you have damaged the tyre sidewall...

7. tyke

tyke Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen imported to Thailand from Japan
    OK, a tubeless repair kit and a compressor from Tesco it is then. I just wanted to have the original as everything else in the car is like new. It helps living in a warm country with hardly any rain and the car always been kept under cover until now as the boot and contents are bone dry. Waiting a quote from a builder for a car port with a terrace on top.

8. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    The plug-in air compressor is essential - bear in mind that the volume of air in the standard tyre is a lot less than that in an average car tyre so will need checking more often. Regular checking will also diagnose a slow puncture caused by an embedded nail which might otherwise go unnoticed.
    (Daihatsu have been helpful by putting a useful Tyre Pressure sticker on the driver door frame)