Turbocharge Wanted!

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Alex Knight, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Alex Knight

Alex Knight Copenworld Newbie

Hi all,

I need a turbo charger ASAP please!

If anyone knows of a spare, or anyone who is breaking a Copen, it would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks.

Alex.

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    A number of turbo refurbishes have told Copenworld members that the Copen turbo cannot be refurbished.
    Finding a second hand one is like finding rocking horse poop.

To source a new turbo try emailing this parts supplier. They sell Copen turbos.
    sakura_car_de@yahoo.co.jp
    Which would be imported from Japan, so import tax would need to be allowed for. I believe they also include the gaskets.

Or try STK Turbo Technik in Germany:
    www.turbolader.net

Check with each supply that the required replacement gaskets are included.

Or try www.crturbos.co.uk
    01425 638426 speak to Olly Smith. A Copenworld member has bought a turbo from them for £768 including vat & delivery. However this didn't come with the required gaskets.
    They also advised that to keep the two year warranty the oil feed pipe needs to be changed too.

Gaskets would need to be bought through Daihatsu parts centres if they don't come with the new turbo.
    To find the nearest dealer see:
    daihatsu.co.uk/index2.php

3. Alex Knight

Alex Knight Copenworld Newbie

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for your reply.

From what I can gather, these units are sealed-for-life ball bearing turbos, and as such cannot be rebuilt.

I have found that these turbos are IHI VQ50 turbos, which is a relatively common turbo.

Are these turbos found in any other application, and if so, are they interchangeable?

I have found that BTN turbos will do a brand-new turbo for £610 inc VAT on an exchange basis, by the way.

Regards,

Alex.

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen