1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dave Sheen, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Dave Sheen

Dave Sheen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen.7 Peugeot 308 estate
    Hi Just bought my mid life crisis, but the turbo is shot any ideas on replacement or fixing. Also my son who is a mechanic says the lambda is us

2. GuzziMan

GuzziMan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Mitsubishi Shogun, 659cc Copen, 350 Z
    Hi. Interested in what you are saying. Is this the upstream or downstream lambda sensor that isn’t working? I would take them both out and test them after cleaning with carburettor cleaner. I have had to replace both of ours because it had an intermittent misfire which could not be diagnosed by the previous owner. To make sure that the turbo has actually gone after the sensors have been sorted drive it and listen for it to spool up. It will be quite obvious if it has failed. These can be repaired but if all other fails you can find one on EBay Daihatsu Copen Turbo 0.7cc TURBO FOR SALE | eBay (hijetparts_0) for £299.99 plus postage £8.99. Hope this helps.

3. Dave Sheen

Dave Sheen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen.7 Peugeot 308 estate
    Yes ta going to pick up turbo on Thursday any ideas where to get service stuff from. No point in new turbo /old oil etc

4. GuzziMan

GuzziMan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Mitsubishi Shogun, 659cc Copen, 350 Z
    Hi

Quick way to search, would be to search ‘Google’ i.e.’ Diahatsu Copen oil filter’ and scroll to ‘Where on Earth is the oil filter?’ and see the headings below on Https://www.copenworld.com... General Chat. Click on ‘Oil filter change’ dated 23 May 2015. This will take you to the string of information so you can determine the correct filter size as this is critical to be able to fit in the confined space. There are many strings from this posting that will give you all the necessary information. Lambda sensors are determined by the length of cable and colour of the plug on the original part. We searched on line for the best price at the time. You also need an ECU reader to cancel out the fault codes the same as a garage would use which can be found on line inexpensively.

Dave Sheen likes this.