1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Season's Key Pieces

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Your Majesty, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    The Red, Black & Chrome of the standard Copen is to my mind a beautiful look so I've added just a few simple extras to compliment and enhance this theme and to keep the balance of it's retro image :cool:

Attached Files:

• cA.jpg
      cA.jpg
      File size:
      86.4 KB
      Views:
    • cB.jpg
      cB.jpg
      File size:
      81 KB
      Views:
    • cC.jpg
      cC.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • cD.jpg
      cD.jpg
      File size:
      60.6 KB
      Views:
    • cE.jpg
      cE.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    • cG.jpg
      cG.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • cH.jpg
      cH.jpg
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
    • cI.jpg
      cI.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
    • cJ.jpg
      cJ.jpg
      File size:
      93.9 KB
      Views:
    • cK.jpg
      cK.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  2. speedy-g

speedy-g Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Turbo
    Vectra SRI 2.6 V6
    Looking for Jaguar XJR V8
    Mods

Love the chrome grill, screen washers and stereo knobs but all that red inside reminds me of when I worked at a butchers.
    Do you have fangs by any chance?

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    That's some radio.
    Is it a modern radio made to look like something from the sixties?

4. Your Majesty

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Haha! Fangs very much! :) Illusory I know, but the extra red and chrome not only brightens up but seems to open up the interior.
    By the way, Congratulations Mr Speedy on your clocking over the 100 thousand - you truly are COPEN ROYALTY!! Best wishes for your next 100 :cool:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  5. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    WOW! This is sooooo cool!!! You have done a great job! :):):)

I can't decide which headunit to choose from, they are all so stylishly retro!
    What makes you choose this unit?

Do you have the product manual to share? I hope to study its features and functionalities before deciding which one to get.
    Can this unit take on a CD changer?
    I heard it is able to handle an internal SD card too, how does it work?

6. Your Majesty

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Hi Joe you can download the manual from a link on their american website, worth doing if you might think about getting one...
    http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/details/id/321
    It's the retrosound model two. It sounds better than the original Clarion stereo but I suspect that is mainly down to the better speakers. I don't think you can plug in an SD card but I'm happy enough with using two USB sticks. I guess you could plug a CD changer into one of the aux sockets but this seems a bit unecessary to me as it would be taking up valuable space, I've got two 32gb sticks (in matching red & black hahaha!) and have put loads of music on these, although to be honest I listen to the radio mainly. It's hard deciding on which finish to go for, so many good choices. And then when you've fitted it, should the display be set to orange to match the dials or green to match the clock? :)

7. joeleow

Car(s):
    Did you buy from the UK company or from US?
    Does it mean your model does not take in CDs?

The clock below the headunit comes with it?
    How's the control of music files on the flashdrives? Does it handle multiple layers of folders well?

Sorry that I have too many questions for you... :)

8. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    i love all the little details YMaj!

especially the grilll, washers, speakers, surrounds on the door latch (got them myself and will be installing at some point.... was it easy?)

9. joeleow

Car(s):
    I am keen on this model but I can't seem to find this model on the US website.

[​IMG]

The front face plate can be lowered to put in a CD.

[​IMG]

10. Your Majesty

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Thanks Copey I'm glad you like it. It's become my own Copen now :) it's all fairly straightforward to fit and there's info on this website for fitting most of this stuff - the grill is very satisfying as it really does take just a few minutes, three screws to undo to free up the existing grill although I used three bolts with nuts on the new one for a bit of added security. If you're going to fit component speakers, you might find that the bass speakers will take a while because the standard ones have three screwing points but the replacement ones that I got have four so I had to fashion a mounting ring from an old piece of mdf - time consuming but not to difficult (see pic)
    DSC01985.jpg

11. Your Majesty

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Bought from the UK. The one I got doesn't take CDs. Flash drives are fine, pressing one of the front buttons jumps to the next folder and another button jumps back a folder so reasonably ok to find the music you want - it's in the manual which you can download. Not sure about layers because I haven't really worked out the best way to store all my music but I'm ok with having one folder containing the mp3 files from one cd, and I've got around 30 folders on each usb stick at the moment. It's important to save them in alphabetical order from your computer though so that you can skip a folder to the next one without having to think too much about what album you're playing, nor get distracted from your actual driving.
    Oh and the clock is the standard Copen clock (with a surround from Chromdesign) - would like to get an analogue clock some day but not seen anything suitable yet.

12. joeleow

Car(s):
    My Copen has a double DIN head unit and does not come with any clocks. For clocks, here are a few options that I have seen before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]