1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a pain!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Copen, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Copen

Copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    So the car works great, except for one thing. The fob does not open the doors, it closes them sometimes, and puts the alarm on and off no problem, could it be the switches at the bottom of the door openings that are covered by a little rubber grommet. My guess is one of them or both are not aligned? Does anybody knows how to fix them. I keep opening the door with the key.
    Thanks in advance!

2. meganmay

meganmay Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Check to see if the boot will unlock using the key fob (press the unlock button for a few seconds until the boot clicks open). If it does, it's very likely that the problem is the switches at the bottom of the door. It's super easy to fix, just stick something to the end of the driver's side switch to make sure that the switch is always depressed fully when the door closes.

I hope this helps, I had the same problem when I got my Copen and it was very frustrating.

3. Copen

Copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thanks,
    The boot doesn't open, tried once didn't work, I did stick rubber at the end of the door switch, it worked for a few days then it stopped working, that's why I am assuming that the door switch is at fault, the fobs work as I have two of them. I know you can take off the rubber around the switch but then what? So that's what I am asking if anyone knows how to fix the switch.