1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The crazy copen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ewarwoowar, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 copen
    2001 audi a2
    2003 Citroen pluriel
    2012 vw t6 transporter
    Hi there. As you can see I'm a newbie to copen world. I've been looking around for a fun little car to enjoy . Looked at the smart roadster and the nissan figaro. Wanted a semi modern fun soft top. I have for years had a 1968 triumph herald. It's been everywhere with me. For the last 8 years I've also had a 03 Citroen plurial soft top. The Citroen has been a proper love hate relationship. It spends most of its time playing up electrically. Especially the roof. It has a mind of its own and often won't open or close when asked. That's where the copen comes in. I managed to find a 2004 in silver at a very reasonable price . I guess I'm a sucker for cars with roof problems as it was at a bargain price due to the roof not working. Anyway it's at home with me and without a handbook or workshop manual I sat down with it. Man I thought the plurial had a technical roof system. It's nothing to the mad copen .
    Anyway thank you for reading my rather long thread. I'll keep you posted as the copen story unfolds for me. The roof now works but it seems to need lots of manual inputs and the like .
    Regards Edward

2. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    Welcome to Copenworld Edward! Do share photos of your rides. :)

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi Edward.
    I also got rid of a Pluriel and bought a Copen just over two years ago.
    My Pluriel was the semi auto sensodrive 1600 and I never had any issues with the roof.
    I did though have gearbox problems and that's why I got rid. It started to just clap out at random times and I couldn't select any gears or start it once it cut out. I paid £75 to have the box software updated and that worked for a few months. The problem came back so it was part exed for a Copen. I was looking for a Smart Roadster but ended up with a Copen. So it was back to pushing a clutch down.
    Anyway, best of luck with your Copen.

4. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I heard it was the Pluriel that got rid of you? :D

5. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    My Pluriel is a good example of why you shouldn't buy cars at auctions.
    That's where Bristol street sent it and on the face it seemed a decent car. The cost of repairing the box was more than the car was worth and without the repair the car is un drivable. It's only worth scrap value really but somebody will have bought it at auction thinking they had a decent car. Buyer beware.