1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Copen has a new carer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by copenabana, Nov 18, 2013.

1. copenabana

copenabana Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen, Smart & Fiat 500
    Hello all, I have just become the new carer for a silver 2007 Copen, previously owned by my son Greg, who was also a member.

It's a second car, and will be mainly used for weekend fun, and maybe longer trips/tours, have already cured the leak from the brake light, so hopefully will have a nearly dry boot, apart from the condensation forming on the boot lid.

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  3. MattMacc123

MattMacc123 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi! and Welcome to Copenworld :)

4. copenabana

copenabana Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen, Smart & Fiat 500
    Boot lid condensation

Many thanks, I will certainly try your suggestion, and many thanks form the warm welcome.

5. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
  6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Ooooo. I like your one dsb, reusable too.

7. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I've just bought some :) give them a chance. And if they don't work I'll throw them over the hedge.

I got several.... one for the boot, one for the cock pit and one for the little boy who lives down the lane.

I'm going to have one near the inside of the windscreen and one on the outside of it, to hopefully keep both sides dry. cool :)

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I've never come across these car dehumidifying bags before. I normally always have the aircon on to keep the windows demisted. I wonder if they help with the inside of the widescreen freezing up on frosty mornings?

I've never noticed any dampness in my boot but decided to check it tonight as we've had a bit of rain today. I noticed the underside of the boot lid was covered in water drops but the carpets seem dry. Obviously condensation, I wonder if insulating the underside of the boot lid would help, or one of those
    bags. Somebody chuck a review of them up on here after they've used them a few days.:)

9. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Is that a hint at me doing a review :rolleyes: They'll be here in a few days.

Yes I get those droplets on the boot lid also. again carpet wasn't get. I had given it a short thought of how to insulate.

10. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Aye, take a few photos, maybe a video as well. "Look how dry my car is." :D

You can buy sheets of insulating material to help soundproof under the bonnet. No reason not to put some under the boot lid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-SHEETS-...878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4179638e56