1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Battery

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by PauliePaul, Mar 23, 2013.

1. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

hows it going ? ... i dont really use my copen that often and i tend to find that if i leave my car for around 5 days without starting it especially in winter it just wont start because the battery is flat :think: so i was wondering is this a normal thing with copens as they do lose thier charge really quick and its a new battery also... ive had to resort to a trickle charger to solve the issue ;)

2. tunedtimer

tunedtimer Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Do you have a system alarm on your car or something else?

3. PauliePaul

just a normal remote alarm that uses low amount of power as it still works even though the copen wont crank... i was reading another thread just a moment ago on the forums and i think its just because of the cold weather we have at the moment and because i dont drive the beast enough... i probz only drive it once a week for about 10 miles maybe and thats all... i plan on taking the battery off and keeping it in the house on a trickle charge

4. PauliePaul

my only concern is that if i take the battery off the car for a long period of time will it affect the odometer reading ?

5. tunedtimer

tunedtimer Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    When i m not driving my copen, i take off the negative line from the buttery,don't you worry is safe for the copen (Japan car);):cool:Thats the main promblem of all cars in a cold winter...

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Sounds like a trickle charge is the answer. A 10 minute drive once a week is probably not enough to fully recharge the battery.

At the moment, I'm only using mine once a fortnight. The battery just about holds up in between. However, once I left it three weeks (in winter) and it wouldn't turn over. The standard Copen battery is not very big!

Halfords do offer a 'free' battery check, but I wouldn't buy a battery from them - too expensive.

Rex.