1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tapping exhaust

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by debsredcopen, Jun 16, 2014.

1. debsredcopen

debsredcopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen vivid 2004 Austin mini 1984
    having only owned our copen 3 weeks or so we have noticed that the exhaust taps onto the floor [or that's what it sounds like anyway] when reversing and when going over rough surfaces, which is most of our roads around here. Is there a fix for this or is it something that all copens suffer from? We haven't had the car on a ramp as yet so haven't been able to look to see if we have any fixings missing, any advice would be greatly received, thanks....

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    no tapping noise I can hear with mine from the exhaust. Its not the roof moving and squeaking is it?
    or is the passenger side seat belt just hanging loose? when mine does and gets between the seat and door it taps on on the door.

3. Glyn

Glyn Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    My Copen made exactly the noise described. The exhaust had broken in two at a weld on the long pipe right in the middle of the car. My local garage inserted a repair tube and welded it back together.