Stripe stickers kit?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by twigil, Sep 7, 2020.

1. twigil

twigil Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Daihatsu Copen
    Hello!

So I had nice blue stripes on hood/back and sides, that had to be removed due to re-painting, and now I wonder if it is possible to order new ones. I've checked ebay for original part, but the price is ridiculous. Ran into this site recently: Zen Graphics - Daihatsu Copen Side stripes / Stickers. Has anyone tried ordering from them? Or maybe someone has the same story and can share other possible solutions? Thanks in advance!

sunlover likes this.
  2. Brian S

Brian S Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Dec 2003 659cc silver Copen. Boost controller, cold air, 2" exhaust, underglow etc.,
    My bike is a 2016 Suzuki Maxi with Malossi Variator, straight through exhaust etc.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm guessing you painted it white again and you're just wanting the old look back? Looking at the Zen site, yeah, for GBP23, I think it's definitely worth a go. Not sure many Copen owners get stripes. Maybe forget the bonnet/boot stripes, I think it's the weak link style-wise. Given how small a Copen is, the bonnet/boot stripes are maybe just a bit too much, only side stripes looks classier, IMHO. But it's not my car!

Blue seems a good default choice, but maybe look at a few different colours they have before you buy. Red might look good or canary yellow etc. It's a shame the colour shown on their page stays black, rather than the colour you want to look at! Car vinyl adhesive suppliers are popping up like mushrooms now. I've got a mate here who's looking for a Skyline 350GT coupe. He's planning to wrap the whole thing in Matt black vinyl & says AUD$1500-1650 is the price guide. So, for only $1500, you can totally f*ck up a decent looking car. Cheers, Brian

PS: I'm about to post a mod I've just done. It's a manual boost controller I had installed. It raises boost from 9.7 to 14.8 psi, a number I'll explain. It doesn't stress the engine, as the Japanese Kei car rules deliberately restrict kilowatts, but the engineers know everyone will raise it. Now, the whole power curve has simply moved up almost 25% & it only cost me AUD$274! If you know turbos, you could DIY for about half. I can't tell you how good it is! Instead of feeling like the engine is struggling and, let's face it, stock Copens are pretty slow until they get moving, it now feels somehow happier, like it was meant to be.

So watch out for it, I'd appreciate your feedback. I've already posted a $0.65c (true!) mod to make the blow-off valve vent to atmo instead of back to the turbo & it sounds mad! No turbo lag as it's a tiny twin scroll. But now it has the performance to back up the noise and with sticky tyres, nothing can catch me in roundabouts & corners.

Anyway, good luck with the stripes. For the price you can risk it!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    APPLEDjerry likes this.