1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting a fight?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mabel, May 29, 2018.

1. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Currently Toyota Vitz - Looking for a Copen!
    Really don't want to start a fight on my second post....but would love to know what year/edition/colour Copen you own and think looks best! I've been researching for ages, different models etc and will probably be importing from Japan (as I need an Automatic)but not decided on colour yet.
    At the moment am drawn to the 2009 Ultimate Leather Edition, black or red
    Any opinions/pics of your Copens much appreciated! Thankyou

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    White > every other colour :D

Mabel likes this.
  3. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Heh heh! And...just a guess.. yours would be white by any chance...? :)

4. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    My Copen is silver with red leather seats. He is a 2005 659cc UK model.
    (The Copen in my profile picture is mine)

I personally think Copen's look best in white with the Recaro seats, although I really like them in all other colours too and silver too as long as is is clean and has been polished and waxed, because silver can look boring when not kept shiny and clean!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Brad likes this.
  5. Salieri

Car(s):
    Mayyybe its white with a red leather interior (which would also be the best interior colour..apart from white) ;)

The good thing is that you can customise your car very easily. Do not like the front grille? Pop out 3 plastic rivets and fit a different one. Do not like the seats? Remove 4 screws and put in new ones etc.

6. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Oooooh he is lovely! I think the silver and red interior looks great....not usually a fan of silver cars but now considering it! I'm never going to be able to make a decision at this rate :)

AFR0N1 likes this.
  7. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Ha ha!! Red interiors seem to be a recurring theme so far!
    ooh that's interesting....oh god I'm going to be replacing everything once a week!

8. Salieri

Car(s):
    Have you ever seen one live or sat in one?

9. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Nope never! Just love the way they look, the fact they are a coupe and a convertible. I love small Japanese cars in general though, have owned a Nissan Figaro and currently drive an imported Toyota Vitz. Also had a Mitsubishi FTO but obv that's not small!

Vin Petrol likes this.
  10. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    For such a unique car, I’d go for yellow or red with red leather. However, they’re getting rarer so my advice would be to buy the best available at your target price and just enjoy driving it.

If you’re importing, make sure you get it fully under sealed before you put it on our roads.

I quite fancy a Honda S600 but don’t let Noddy hear me say that.

Tony, Vin Petrol and AFR0N1 like this.
  11. AFR0N1

Car(s):
    I agree, the S660 sounds like loads of fun and it is on my list of cars I want to drive someday
    (Don't worry, I won't tell noddy if you won't tell Sachihiro ;) )

12. AFR0N1

Car(s):
    Basically just repeating what BarnsleyRob just said, Protection against rust is super important for Copen's! We need to protect as many of these little cuties as possible!
    I don't wanna see them rust away ;-;

13. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    LOL

14. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    i'm getting a bit worried because I really didn't like yellow cars.....until I saw yellow Copens! Same goes for silver.....eeeeeek decisions! Think I will be limited to what's available when I'm ready to buy as Automatics seem to be non existent unless I import (more choice but double the price)
    Undersealing will definitely be the first thing nI check for/get done , thankyou :)

AFR0N1 likes this.
  15. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    yes, for sure!

AFR0N1 likes this.
  16. adatara

adatara Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    L880 Copen; have a Honda Airwave (long Honda Fit); had Subaru Foresters
    All colors are good. The best color is the one you like best (hard to decide when you can have only 1).

My opinion on the colors: white - clean, beautiful, pure; champagne - rich & rare (I nearly got that colour); dark grey is deep, mechanical; red - luscious, my favorite colour; pearl white - yum, creamy, bit more to it than white; yellow - happy; dark green - British racing green, looks great with tan leather; dark blue - with red seats it really reminds me of some national flags; black - didn't care for it on the Copen; purple is rich, reminds me in good ways of an old truck my grandma had.

I live in Japan & indoor car storage is rare, so the sun is hard on car paint. Old red cars here are faded & red paint holds up poorly; yellow fades also, not so bad. Nearly got a yellow one, because it is so happy. My 3 previous cars were grey / silver & I was bored with that colour, but with red leather seats it looks classic. And I love leather - rare in Japan. Silver + red leather =d my favorite combination. Loved the feel of the Recaro seats, black cloth was fine, but I prefer how the red leather seats look. Silver holds up well in sun, too; red is protected (a little) inside the car. I usually have a car cover on the Copen to keep it cleaner.

I considered a Honda S660 but prefer the Copen. The Honda is probably a better sports car, being mid engine & rear wheel drive. Driver sits lower to the ground than in a Copen (tried an Audi TT - I used to want a TT but didn't like after I tried it & learned more - & the TT seat was surprisingly high up). The cockpit wraps around the driver nicely. It feels more like a motorbike with doors & a roof. Things I didn't like about the Honda: huge roll bar makes it feel less like a convertible. Even less storage space than in a Copen. Big blind spots, hard to see behind. Overall, the Honda is more focused on the driving experience, but there are compromises. I was curious about a Honda Beat but it doesn't have airbags. I'd like a little bit of safety.

Brad, Mabel and AFR0N1 like this.
  17. Mabel

Mabel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Funny you should say that as The Audi TT was the other car I was considering...I do have a fondness for Jap cars though hence looking for a Copen. That's the trouble -they look good in all colours! But I think it's going to be limited to what I can find more than actually having much of a choice so good job I like nearly all the colours!

adatara likes this.