1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeaky roof

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Roberto, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Roberto

Roberto Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen High Grand F
    Hello from Italy. I just bought a 2007 Copen. Beautiful car, but the roof "squeaks" ...
    Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks

Toucan likes this.
  2. Toucan

Toucan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2009 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 petrol
    You could try tightening some nuts and bolts and adding rubber lubricant to the seals in the roof. Hope this helps...

Toucan

3. danix

danix Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi Roberto there is quite an easy solution, open the two top hatches and stick, where they meet the windscreen, a very small piece of rubber. Close the hatches et voila

4. danix

danix Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen

5. Ger

Ger Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3 -16V dvtt classic
    Hi,

I have the same problem and there have been already solutions posted on this forum before.
    I found and tried the following 2 methods:

Method 1 Adjust the hooks at the top of the front windscreen
    This is is for fine tuning only. Open the hook(s) as if your roof is going down The hook which will now be in a 45 degree position.
    In the middle, is a hexagonal rod hidden behind a U shaped clip. Open the clip and by rotating the rod you can adjust the length of the hook. Adjust while closing the roof clamps. They should run smooth and there should be a few mm of movement with the roof being pulled towards the windscreen.

Method 2 Adjust at the rear windscreen(
    The roof is made of of 2 pieces, top and back (Windscreen). First, the roof must be opened about half to two-thirds. The adjustment screws are located on the metal brackets to the right and left of the rear roof panel holding the rear window. In order to adjust the screws, the plastic cover over the rear window must be removed and the two panels on the right and left of the window must be loosened. Simply pull hard to release the clips from the roof.look closely to the metal arm that connect the top and bottom roof, you will see a Black notch, it is actually a Cap Screw with a black screw cap.
    Then remove the black cap on the screw and insert the Allen key into the screw head. Then loosen the counter nut with the 10 mm jaw and turn the screw with the Allen key approx. One turn counterclockwise. Tighten counter nut again.
    Fix the two covers again and close the roof. The two locks on the windscreen should close with some tension, so if necessary, set a little looser.

This helped for me (a bit) but still my roof rattles on a bumpy road. Probably I need new rubbers or so....aaarrghh .. still working on this.

Regards,
    Ger