1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soon to get my dream car.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Macs, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Macs

Macs Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Used to have a 5 series
    Hi all, I have loved the look of a copen since i first heard about it as i like kei cars, that was ages ago when i was a kid.

Now i am in the middle of my driving test and i have found out that getting a copen is actually an option for me due to cheap insurance for a first car, Due to various reasons like work and Christmas coming up, I doubt ill be getting one till like feb next year.

I dont know what "type" i should buy, I want it to last, Im unsure if i want to get the 1.3 or the turbo, or even get a cheaper copen with highish mileage (80k max, on the high side for a copen from what i have seen) I dont even know the general things of car care, one thing i would do is pay to have it rust proofed, i dont mind spending cash like that to have a proper job done.

2. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    I bought one to learn in too - albeit at a later point in life.
    I think it's a great first car, i'd say get the 1.3 if you can afford it - less hassle and more likely to be with you for a long time (my turbo eventually died after owning it for just over a year)

3. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    You need to check the difference in insurance prices between the two engines, I found the 1.3 was a lot more expensive to insure and I couldn't get an insurance company to consider insuring my teenagers on it! Good luck with the driving test and finding your perfect Copen.

4. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    my son could get his own insurance on a Copen, but Direct Line wouldn't let me add him onto my policy so he could learn to drive in it. :(

5. Macs

Macs Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Used to have a 5 series
    Its the opposite for me but both still under £1400 for the first year at least, i dont know how much less ill be paying after a year :/

With the majority of cars costing me over £2k to insure i find this fair, and im willing to pay for it considering its one of my dream cars, with a 1.3 copen starting from about 4.5k if im right