1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody dinged my copen

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by MrCopen, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MrCopen

MrCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2004
    Well, I was at the mall this morning and somebody dinged my door and
    took off.

No cameras were close enough so it was a bummer!:mad:
    I see that no paint has been flicked off but looks like there's hardened blue paint
    on top of it. I tried to remove it with cut'n'polish but it won't get removed.

If I use a bit of hair dryer; and wipe it off, would it work?

Also thinking of getting "paintless dent removal" guys to fix my door.
    Have anyone experienced with that? Just came up with a question mark on my head, once dent removals done. Wouldn't the dent pop back in once I press
    on the fixed place? Have anyone experienced these sort of things before?:think:

Attached Files:

2. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    What a ba****d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I all ways try and park out of the way of other car drivers because a lot of people have no respect for other peoples cars!!!:mad:

3. MrCopen

MrCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2004
    To be honest it's not a big ding. But since there are really few Copens in NZ, it
    just breaks my heart all the way. :-((

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    If you can polish the scratch out PDR is the easy to go. My older brother does it. Very impressive techniques. He's pulled a few out of mine. Not that it helps you much out in NZ.

5. inaka_rob

inaka_rob Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2003 Copen
    If you can find NOVUS 3 part scratch remover, it will work wonders. I don't know if you can get it in NZ. It is 5 dollars in the USA. and 120$ in Japan. Can you belive that. My friend emailed the company in the USA (we live in Japan) and they rang up their Japanese distrubiter and made them sell it for 5$ to my friend.

Anyway. The stuff works magic. I just bought a Copen with one new head light and one old. The old looked like crap. Now you cant even tell which one is new and which one is the old one.

It will work on you car too. If you can find NOVUS I am sure you can find something simialr.

Yeah that totaly sucks. It happened to my Prelude a few times. In Japan the parking places are not big enough to fit most cars made after 1930, but that car was all banged up anyway, so I didnt mind. I paid twice as much for my Copen and I would be pissed. It half the size, so hopefully will get half the dings.