1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Hoody Hit My Copen

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PauliePaul, Oct 2, 2013.

1. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

:mad: my copen was parked outside my house at 4:30pm and a couple of hoodies weed heads was hanging around it so i keep a look out the window at them and a blue renault megane reg : LS53 GNV hit my copen on the front passenger side bumper and scraped the paint off... again a bunch of gansters wanna be's probably drugged up on weed ect who wasnt able to reconise the gap was too small and needed to back up and he tried to drive off and i couldnt believe it like it was just a dream and i told my dad asap and he ran out the door after them and got pics of the reg and my poor red paint on thier piece of shit megane... im fusious he even tried to came back on foot and i had a right go at him usual swearing in rage didnt care if he thinks he a black gansta... and one of his friends tried saying not to involve the police and all the rest of it and i have done exactly that... police informed and i let my insurance know and eventually ill have my trusty paint guy sort it out for free as it will be on twats insurance and im not affected... also after this it has given me the motivation now to just sort out a garage for the copen as thats the only way im gonna be able to keep it mint from now on... argh jeez cant believe it :mad:

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    bad luck PP :(

It does affect your insurance even if you are not at fault. They look on people who are involved in claims more likely to be involved in some more!

I got rammed up the rear at a roundabout and was later told it affected my premium somewhat.

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Bloody scumbags!
    At least you caught him. Let's hope he actually had insurance.

4. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

i asked my insurer if it would affect my insurance of anything in any way he told me no it wouldnt... i wasnt in the car when it happened it was parked outside the house and the damage is only cosmetic a scrape thats left black plastic bumper lines...

5. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    my insurer told me it did. I think it was when I was making an enquiry or something at renewal time as to the increased cost and they mentioned that as a reason.

6. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Guess which line of that post I'm sniggering at?:D

Yes just being involved puts up your insurance even when you aren't to blame. Even when you have protected no claims and you claim they increase your next premium even though you keep your full no claims.
    If you want to test that out get a quote then edit the quote to give yourself a no fault accident. They should be the same price, but........

7. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    And if forty something DaG say thats what its like..........then thats what its like.

No idea which line :think:

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    I'll give you a clue which line. It was the one with the excellent double entendre about getting rammed somewhere.:D
    Or is it just my mind?:)