1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I sell my beloved COPEN?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by luvmycopen, Oct 13, 2012.

1. luvmycopen

luvmycopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 2003
    I have had my wonderful Copen since Jan 2004, and I have never had a problem with it until the last year. I needed a new tubo and clutch. I live in Australia, and the State that I'm from doesn't have one Copen for sale. Hence, they are as rare as hens teeth here, as Daihatsu stopped selling cars in Australia, around 2004/2005.

I love my Copen to bits, and really don't want another car, but unfortunately, I am thinking I may have to sell it:-(( .

I would love to hear from other Copen owners, especially from Down Under!

If I do keep my car, I am looking to buy parts so I can store them away, as I have also read, that Japan has now pulled out of the European market, due to the high YEN.

Thanks for reading!!!

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Welcome to Copenworld.
    Of course we're going to tell you not to sell.

I'm not planning on hoarding parts here the UK now Daihatsu are leaving.
    There will always be ways to get parts that you need them. Yes they might take longer to get as they have to come from Japan, but you do it for the love of the car.
    In the Kei cars in the park club we have members that have very rare cars. That were never sold anywhere else but in Japan. They can still get parts on the UK. It's not as easy as going down to your local motor factors, but it's possible.

Member Dwayner is also in Auz. I'm sure he'll have some good advice for you.