1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ScootyPuff

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Number6, May 22, 2014.

1. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    The welds aren't pretty are they? I'd wager they've not been done with any argon in the co2, spatter everywhere, and I reckon they've not used stainless filler wire. Why would they have to paint the welds silver if they're stainless too? Check them with a magnet.

2. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Will do - although, tbh, I've kinda given up on the exhaust now... two days wasted thus far

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I have been bold, and bought more car parts - red and black momo steering wheel, and a front bumper from imparts... Took a lot of begging to have him deliver to Northern Ireland.

4. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Why did you need a new front bumper? other looked ok in photos.

yes I also thought it had been painted silver. Maybe their site should say " we have some things made out of stainless steel somewhere in the garage and some silver paint." At least some of it is s/s as the print says 304. But I'd be surprised if that Y piece is as it looks like an off the shelf piece. I'd guess that as s/s are mostly made to order, no body does off the shelf s/s Y pieces. More they make them a time of the build.

What you said about the large cargo net thing, I noticed that in Adam's. I thought I'll give one of those a miss. Although, it will be great for holding bits of stainless steel! :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  5. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

looking at the exhaust photos it was really bad it went rusty that quick... must be a poorly made exhaust... i replaced my whole exhaust system with a new one from ebay back in april 2013so over a year ago and its still silver just abit of rust on the bracket bits that go into the rubber bits to hold the exhaust heh... just sounds to me like they are just a bodge garage at making exhausts and i wouldnt be suprised if that new 1 went rusty real quick too and it looks like they have spray painted it silver ??? hmm

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I hope not. If that is the case, I'm just going straight to the small claims court.

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    New steering wheel came from imparts! Drove around the living room making vroom vroom sounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  8. Copen

Copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    How much was the steering wheel?

9. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I can't remember, truth me told. He gave me a discount as I got an engine head, wheel, and front bumper

10. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    The clips / hooks for the tonneau cover came today. They take M6 / 10mm bolts. Unsure of the length of bolt.

All in, with postage, it was £36 and had to be ordered from Japan via FindAPart.

Made a video with one - https://vine.co/v/MQhU5Mv5B9M

11. Copen

Copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Where did you get the wind deflector from? Car looks great btw!

12. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Thank you kindly.

http://pegaline-sportgeraete.de/ . He is a Copen owner from Germany. From memory, it was €50 including postage (Germany to Ireland).

13. Copen

Copen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    I did email him but I never got a response! Was wondering if you have an email, I tried the one on the website, still waiting.....lol! Thanks!:D

14. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I am back from my work trip!

Today I installed:
    * The two hooks that go in the boot to hold the tonneau cover in place - which involves taking half the car apart
    * The new tonneau cover male part (the bit with the microswitch and clips that hold the cover in place)
    * Painted my rollover bars red with Plastidip

The rollover bars are very easy to do - get a table, and use magnets to stop the bar from falling over.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I was thinking of doing my hoops also.

16. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    [​IMG]

Coloured hoops (4 coats of red plasti), and the clips that hold the tonneau cover in place installed. Not seen is the tonneau cover (it was in the boot) and the hooks.

The clips can be retrofitted into the existing back panel, without replacing it like I did. However, you don't get the yellow hook to hold the bag. If that isn't important for you, you're fine.

The stock panel has a microswitch that does absolutely nothing - all it does is hold the circuit open / closed for the roof ECU.

17. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjpHcGKRj9Q documents installing the cover, clip backing plate, and hooks.

It has been raining too much to get a photo of the tonneau cover in place, with the red roll over bars :-(

2 spanners / sockets are all you need - a 10mm and a 12mm - the 12mm is for the roll over bars, everything else is a 10mm / M6

18. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Tonneau cover in place!
    [​IMG]

I'm tempted to paint it red to match the rollover bars. Opinions?

19. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Tightened up the handbrake nut. This is done by:

1. Chocking off the wheels, if needed
    2. Remove the screws on the centre console
    3. Move the console out of the way, be careful of the three wires for the switches
    4. Release the handbrake
    5. Tighten the nut with a 12mm spanner
    6. Test out the number of clicks you need to engage the handbrake

I had mine work fully on 5 clicks, from a former of 7.

I also installed pedal covers, as the rubbers on mine were very worn.

20. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Princess' custom induction kit arrived, which will be put on ScootyPuff after I've run out of airfilters (I think I've a D-Sport and a Nipparts to get through).

On Tuesday, she is getting the rust treated, panels resprayed (if needed), a few cosmetic touchups (mainly the front bumper) and underbody sealed with the same stuff the Irish coast guard uses - my panel beater does most of the Coast Guard vehicle's sealing. He has promised to take lots of photos :)