1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sadly selling my beautiful copen 1.3 2007 37000 miles

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Funksterhardtop, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    Selling my beautiful little Copen
    07 model 1.3 full service history 37,000 miles , grey with beige seats and door cards ,private plate
    new yrs mot . £4995

It will be a sad day when she goes and would really like it to go to a copenworld member then i know she being cared for .
    I'm will be putting her on e bay auto trader in a couple of weeks ,so you get first look
    .I looked at quite a few before i brought her as really wanted a good one .
    I have owned her for two yrs and loved every single mile in her she is such a great car drives lovely ultra reliable .
    She is a 2007 model she was completely standard when i brought her apart from the two stripes down her which i love .( these have currently been removed because they were fading slightly and being replaced on April 21st then I will advertise it elsewhere )

The boot is bone dry and there is the original jack and spare wheel kit etc in the boot .

I have done a few very light modifications on her which i think makes her look even more stunning ,
    When i got her i put her on four axle stands removed the bumpers and wheels and wheel arch covers and door cards ,then fully undercoated her with Dintrol ( 4 cans ) underbody wax 4941 and ( 3 cans of ) cavity wax 3125 in the doors and inside the sills ,I did a lot of reading up on hear and other sites about rusting and arches etc and even though this is the later model i wanted it perfect and to never worry about rust ,this is why i used so much and used Dintrol this product had the best reviews and results ,

There was a tiny little rust bubble on the rear arch and a scuff on the rear bumper ,i got these proffesionally repaired by a good friend in a bodyshop to OE spec

i debagged her apart from the Copen on the boot it keeps people guessing ,
    The original wheels were corroding and could of refurbed them but ,I added some new wheels and new toyo tyres these make it handle even better than before and i think from behind now it looks great
    I have fitted a new chrome grill
    Changed the side repeater lights to clear ones with chrome bulbs ,changed the orange indicator bulbs front and back to the chrome ones that flash orange .
    Changed the red leather interior to Beige interior ,never liked the Red found it a bit Racy for me and think the Beige looks a bit more classy and not so in your face ,this was out of a Copen so all the same heated seats etc just different colour
    Added a pioneer bluetooth stereo and a usb charger / phone charger in the glove box , so you can charge your phone use bluetooth from your phone to make calls listen to music from your phone etc ,plus use sat nav but wire etc in the glove box .

I added the private plate this is staying on the car
    I also have a Hamilton Classic breathable car cover which i am including in the sale ,again this is a top of the range cover and really keeps the car dry and away from the elements in the winter months .

This has been my toy fun car and not my main driver ,i only ever used it when weather is nice and can say it always makes me smile when i drive it ,i will be genuinely sorry to see her go

This is the only 1.3 Copen out there with beige leather and black steering wheel ,
    Any Q please ask I love talking about it and Copens in general , they are wonderful but you guys already know that and a really genuine reason for selling
    Duncan 07903161774

Attached Files:

2. BrianK

BrianK Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Sounds really nice. Where are you based ?

3. Alan Bryant

Alan Bryant Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Terrios
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi Duncan.
    Is your car still for sale ??.
    Alan Bryant

4. BrianK

BrianK Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Alan,
    Sorry but I've given Duncan a deposit and will become the new owner of the car on Saturday.

Kind regards,
    Brian.

5. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Vivid 0.7
  6. BrianK

BrianK Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I am delighted to confirm that the car has vastly exceeded my expectations. It really is completely and utterly beyond belief. Although it's nine years old, it feels like driving a new one. I let the (almost) local Daihatsu dealer look at it yesterday and he commented that I'd got a really good deal and offered me a "small profit" on it, should I decide to sell. My original intention was to cherish it, get the summer months out of it and then sell it for the purchase price.

It would be both tragic and irresponsible to let it deteriorate in my garage over the winter months. The chances of me adequately replacing it at a reasonable price are abysmal. The long term future of the car is paramount and If I decide to sell it, I will advertise it on here and will require proof that the purchaser has the facilities to allow it to thrive, rather than perish.

The parking manoeuvre to get it into my garage is a nightmare. It takes ages and cannot be done quickly without jeopardizing the paintwork. The only other car that I could get into the garage is a Cappuccino, and I've already had two of them. My Copen is in a different league. Ironically, I don't need a car at all, but how could I possibly have declined the opportunity of owning this magnificent vehicle, if only for a few summer months?

7. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    So pleased you love it Brian I knew you would