1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rusted rear suspension mounts

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by dermot.mcdaid, Sep 30, 2018.

1. dermot.mcdaid

dermot.mcdaid Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 Copen Vivid
    Hi all,
    Does anyone have experience of repairs to rusty rear suspension mounts? My Copen (owned since new for the last 14 yrs!) has just failed it’s 1st MOT due to excessive corrosion. I have yet to see what state they are in and wondering what sort of cost a repair may be, the tone of the mechanic implied terminal!

2. Anji

Anji Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2006 660 Copen/Ford Grand CMax
  3. dermot.mcdaid

Car(s):
    2004 Copen Vivid
    Thanks for the reply. I have just returned from the garage and the mechanic’s estimate is £800 to £1000 to cut out, plate up and weld the offending areas! I could have coped with £500 but the higher estimate is a tad too high, not that expensive for parts or difficult if you can weld, just his time! I will look on here to see if anyone may be interested in a little project - the car has fsh, had a full body re spray about 7yrs ago and only has 75k on the clock. :-(

4. Anji

Anji Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2006 660 Copen/Ford Grand CMax
    #Dermot.Mcdaid try mobile welders or another garage, worth trying every option first. Good luck.

5. dermot.mcdaid

Car(s):
    2004 Copen Vivid
    Thanks Anji, I am relatively new to this area but will put some feelers out :)
    I would ideally like to keep the little beauty!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018