1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ILPAGO, Jun 21, 2013.

1. ILPAGO

ILPAGO Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen
    Hi all.
    Have following problem with my copen (1300 cc )
    i close fully the roof,but the red light in the dash remains red and when start riding an alarm noise ( bipper ) is sounding continiously.
    Suppose is a problem in a sensor as when i keep pushing the left latch upwards it stops.when i release it it starts again.
    Any ideas/assistance would be very helpfull.also any idea where this
    bipper is located ?

Thanks in advance

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Inside the hook bit (top corner of the window frame) of that top left latch, is a small micro-switch. The little metal arm that actuates the switch is probably a bit bent. Remove that hook part at the top corner of the screen. Behind is the switch. This will give you access to the little metal actuating arm. Just bend it back a bit & re-assemble.
    You might be able to bend the little metal actuator back with removing the hook bit. You'll see the little metal actuator on the back (inside face) of the hook. Use a small flat blade screw driver.
    Once you've been a member for a few more days you'll get access to the service manual for the 659 turbo Copen. Most of it will be relevant to your 1.3 version (except obviously the engine bit). It's in the directory tab at the top of the forum.
    See section i05-16.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  3. ILPAGO

ILPAGO Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen
    Hi adam
    i did what you said and problem is solved
    you are great
    am much obliged

thank you !!!

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    No problem. ;)

5. RayMartCopen

RayMartCopen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Roof Issues

I too am having a similar issue so will try this also. This forum is awesome!!!