1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof wont work

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Snowman001, May 30, 2016.

1. Snowman001

Snowman001 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello,

So similar to the thread below my roof wont work.
    I get code 51 & 81
    The light is away on.
    I got the same code last winter but when summer came (April) and the car warmed it dissapeared but this year it wont go away.

Everyone here seems to talk about water in the boot and damaged wires but if i look at my boot it seems bone dry (i can see rust too:)) so i am unsure where the issues lies. I even took a photo here of the wires and they also seem perfect however because this happened the winter before and awoke in summer it must be damp/water somewhere.

How do i test the system or find the issue?

Regards
    Paul

IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2063.JPG

2. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    Have you tried pulling the connectors away from the box and re-seating them again? It could be a little corrosion on the pins.

3. Snowman001

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yes i did this. I will do it again tomorrow and take some real up close ones and see what you think. Maybe i think they are fine and you wont.

4. Snowman001

Car(s):
    Copen
    I have attached photoes of the cables etc at the back. Do you guys think they look damaged, i dont have anything to compare with?

Attached Files:

5. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    They look fine to me

Take a look at these

Copen Roof Systems | Auto Electrician Congleton

51 and 81 seem to be roof ECU fault codes rather than sensor fault codes. But that's about the limit of my knowledge. If it were my car I would try resetting the ECU as the video shows, then maybe looking to borrow a roof ECU to see if that solves the problem.

A new ECU is about £200 +VAT - it's a lot of money to spend if that isn't the problem. There are some places that will do a rebuild of the ECU - you might want to give them a call

DAIHATSU COPEN 1.0 ECU (CONVERTIBLE ROOF) - Part No: 89720-97205 / 8972097205